New-To-You Blend(s) You're Most Looking Forward To Trying...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
Title should say it all - what are you really looking forward to trying for the first time, and why? I have some tins I need to finish up, then I'll be trying one of the following:
Stonehaven - haven't tried a VaBur yet, also want to see if this justifies the hype.
Balkan Sobranie - haven't had a really Oriental-forward Lat blend, this is a good 'nuff place to start. :)
Commonwealth - half Lat, half VA from SG - what couldn't be good about this?

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I have some GLP Gaslight on the way.
This blend gets some seriously rave reviews around here so I'm looking forward to it.
Two other blends coming in the same shipment are also on my "to try" list:
GLP Jack Knife Plug

McC Dark Star ... have you seen this stuff?? Looks like fudge!

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
I came down with bronchitis last week, the day my H&H WhiteKnight arrived. I've been excited to try it since I heard of it's release, and since its been in my clutches and I haven't been able to smoke, the anticipation has turned into mild, mind shredding torture. Also I was just gifted some Gawith Commonwealth and Germain 1820 I am eager to try for the first time

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
For me it's the C&D Cellar Series blends.
I've had one bowl to sample the HH Latakia Flake, so I'm definitely looking forward to get some of that as well.

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
@JDawg, that's where I'm at too. I've got probably 40 blends that I haven't tried yet, and I get so little smoking time that opening a new tin is almost a long-term commitment...

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
-Cobguy enjoy that gaslight. It is a super tobacco.
The other day I was smoking some Peterson's Nutty Cut and I noticed reading the tin that the major constituent of that blend is Burley. It was really tasting good as I had not smoked any for a while and the tin I just opened had been sitting in my cellar for two years. Cutting to the chase I think I just realized I love Burley.
On the way to me now is:
Solani Aged Burley Flakes

Wessex Burley Slice
Never had either of these two before but looking forward to it based on the reviews out there.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
I'd really like to try J. F. Germain's Rich Dark Flake and Special Latakia Flake and then do a comparison by smoking them with Stonehaven and Penzance, either back to back or at the same time in two different pipes. My 8oz of stonehaven and penzance are waiting for me at my house for when i get off work and i've already had both of those already. Condor should hopefully be picking me up both of the Germain blends while he is in the U.K. this month. If he does in fact get ahold of them, i'll be able to try the comparison and post the results on here. Somebody might have already done it before, but it is good to get numerous perspectives and palettes involved.

curl

Apr 29, 2014
i looking forward to either the gentleman caller or crooner blends with deer tongue.

i read on this forum that has a ghosting problem, so i will probably buy a corncob pipe to smoke it.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Just cracked a tin of Frog Morton Across the Pond - looking forward to comparing the Syrian variant to the Original...

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
Interested to try this Balkan Sobranie I just got in today.
My 1997 Christmas Cheer is also one I can't wait to try.

nurseman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 8, 2014
Just got 5 tins of Balkin Sobraine - it will be a while before I try it.
Just opened some Maltese Falcon - not bad

Also tried some Kasimir that we got from the Chicago show - I like this blend.

faust

Might Stick Around
May 25, 2014
I'd like to try any blend of Robert McConnell (as that is actually my name xD). I am still trying to decide which one (or few) I want to try. Does anyone recommend any of them?

hiplainsdrifter

Jan 8, 2012
I am not-so-patiently waiting for UPS to drop off some Stonehaven- this is one that I have heard about for a long time but never tried.
The other I currently have backordered, so who knows when, but it is Freibourg and Treyer Golden Mixture. Seems like this one flies under the radar but everything about it sounds great. F&T Cut Virginia Plug is my current favorite.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Cobguy enjoy that gaslight. It is a super tobacco
Thanks! Enjoy your new found love of Burley ... one of my fav's!

If you like Latakia blends and want to try a Burley forward one, check out H&H Beverwyck.

It is a good medium English Blend with plenty of Latakia but has that nutty goodness going for it.
I'd like to try any blend of Robert McConnell
Try their Scottish Cake ... excellent tobacco!

faust

Might Stick Around
May 25, 2014
@cobguy That was the one I was thinking of, it seems to be the most popular and I think I heard something about it winning some VaPer blend competition on the forums a while back?

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
I've been able to try the top 2 on my list this week. Gaslight and Lanes Crown Acheivment. Both mind blowing for me.
I'm really eager to try H&H Blackhouse and Larry's blend so they'd be my top picks.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Yenidje Highlander & Butera Blended Flake.
On my last order I tried a bunch of new stuff. Other then the RM Scottish Cake I wasn't impressed with most of it. Those two are the last two I've yet to sample.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I heard something about it winning some VaPer blend competition on the forums a while back?
Yep ... samcoffeeman, a member here, did a great list:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/top-vaper-thread

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Another vote for Gaslight from me. I got my first tin of it about a week ago, and due to the fact I've already got a shit ton of open pipeweed right now, I'm just going to wait for early fall. Nightcap is going to have to wait too. I'm partial to smoking the heavy lat stuff when it's cooler out, and it's starting to get a bit to warm for it here in the South.
I would say of the stuff I currently have I've yet to try, Gaslight, and Nightcap, and H&H Freight Train would be what I'm most looking forward to. Just gotta get through some of this other stuff I have.
As far as tobacco I still haven't acquired I like VaBurs and I think Stonehaven is up on the list. I'm a huge fan of Burley and C&D do a lot with burley, and I'm excited to try lots of their offerings. Specifically C&D's (Working Man Series) three tobaccos, Morning Drive Time, Lunchtime Blues, and 5 O'Clock Shadow. I've got the last of the series, but again..Still too many I have open right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.