PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorillafly

Lurker
Feb 20, 2019
Hello everyone :)

I am new here, so I wanted to introduce myself.

I smoke a Savinelli 127 rusticated billiard, and my favorite tobacco is a blend I make with the whole leaf. I get the leaf from whole leaf.com. The blend is Burley, Canadian Virginia, American Virginia, Latakia, and a touch of St. James Perique.

I also own a couple of cobs and clay. One day I want to own a meerschaum, a calabash, and a morta. I would love to own others, but those are what I have my eye on as of yet. Falcons are crazy, and I might at least look at one.

I live in Philadelphia, and I'm nutz.

Glad to meet yous.
E.A.G.L.E.S! EAGLES!!!
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7TKnJqw7xvZWjSXS/giphy.gif
- Gorillafly

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo gor
Welcome from Chester County. Come by Morley's Pipe CLub downtown and have fun discussing blending with a couple of our members who do a lot of that. No growers, though. Lehigh Valley Pipe Club also occasionally gets the great Russ Oullette who knows a few things about tobacco.
hp

les

gorillafly

Lurker
Feb 20, 2019
Oh, thanks a lot guys :)
@ Lestrout - I watch Russ Oullette on Youtube. He brought back Bengal Slices. I want to try it. I do not get out to Chester very much, but if I do, I will swing by for sure.
Nice to be here, and thanks a lot for commenting.
https://media.giphy.com/media/tGQFAuLzsabkI/giphy.gif

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard gorillafly. You are the only member I know of offhand who smokes only from whole-leaf, and that's quite a fancy blend from scratch. We do, however, have some growers and blenders as members, who may have some good info for you. Lots of expertise on hand, very useful.

gorillafly

Lurker
Feb 20, 2019
@ mso489 - I am very glad to be here. I always have questions, and I know for sure that this is the place. I do smoke other blends as well, but I do mostly blend my own. Last night I was blending per pipe. I was just taking pitches of this and pinches of that. It is a lot of fun, and I learn as I go. I love it :)
@ lestrout - I just now noticed your use of my name. Calling me "gor"... You are a Philly man. That is a good thing :) I live a couple of blocks from Pat's and Genos. I have a community garden around the corner from there. I waited over 3 years to get into the garden plot. That is how desperate Philadelphians are for a place to grow something. LoL! My garden use to be a revolutionary soldier graveyard. They exhumed the bodies years ago and turned it into a park. Then later a garden. Pretty cool stuff.
Thanks again, my friends!
https://media.giphy.com/media/av4YeAH6oYLja/giphy.gif
:)

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
I was reading you post and wondering why on earth anyone would like to own a calabash and then I saw that you're nuts. Makes sense.

Welcome, nutty guy :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.