PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

pchitti

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
The usual story for a cigarette smoker turning to pipes.
I work from home now and really would prefer to remove cigs from my life completely.
My cigarettes of choice have always been the turkish blends, in cigars and beer I prefer the darker offerings. I dont know if any of this will help but its better to post to much right? lol
From what I have gathered for my nicotine needs for now I will need and enjoy the Virginia heavy blends but want to incorporate some of the heavier flavors. Im not big on the flavored aromatics and love the thought of as free from additives as possible.
I have a MM Legend and Alsbo Gold Pipe Tobacco on the way
Any suggestions would be helpful, please keep in mind value though. I would love to buy top of the line, unfortunately that is not possible at this time.

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
Get some Five Brothers for the Nic but from your tastes I would recommend blending Five Brothers with a Latakia blend like Sutliff No.5 mixture to start.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
First off welcome pchitti, to the forums and to pipe smoking. Don't be afraid to ask anything here. We are all friendly and will help anyway we can.
I would start with a sampler. pipesandcigars.com has quite a few to try different blends and find what you enjoy. Tastes may change over time too. If you need anything feel free to ask and Enjoy the journey!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I would recommend getting a tin of Escudo and one of Peterson Irish Flake, do some research on cube cutting and smoking flakes and which types of pipes work best. I believe your nicotine need will be satisfied.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Just a tip from someone who quit smoking "coughin' nails" and now spoke only pipes... and the occasional cigar...
Put the cigarettes down and don't smoke anything for 30 days.

Keep in mind that your will reward yourself with your new passion, it will help you fight the cravings.

Also, remember that the "true pipe smoking experience" isn't about nicotine delivery, it's about relaxation and enjoyment.
:puffy:

pchitti

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
Very true, but my family and work demand a slightly more predictable me. Smoking is way to ingrained into my daily life, no smoke no break. But enough with the excuses, still have a chance to do the 30 days down the road.
What would the opinion be on mixing some of the loosley used "pipe" tobacco I picked up to roll my own with? Would it possible to supplement the nic with that for the time being? Ween my self off that way? Would it effect the break in on the new cob?

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
PS Turkish, my friend. This will wean you. And in between try as much tobacco as you can. I have some suggestions for cig smokers on the other thread. Also, you'll need a few more pipes.
MM cobs are great. And you can build your pipe rotation I expensively.
My strategy, however, was to spend as much money as I could on pipes and tobacco. Then I would feel terribly guilty having a cigarette.

pchitti

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
So pipe is here, 3 bowls down. 1 alsbo gold, 1 of my RYO golden (got dumped quick), and one mix alsbo 2-1 with the RYO.
The mix had a chance to dry a little, made a really good smoke that also left me a little overdone on the nic. So should work out for my needs till I get some of the samples in.
Thanks again guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.