Pipes Magazine » Cigar Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

New Temp Controlled Humidor & Ave Maria Cigars

(14 posts)
  1. shanez

shanez

Login to Send PM

My wife gave me my Christmas present early! A Newair temperature controlled humidor!

Which works out really well since a whole box of Ave Maria Knights Templar cigars showed up:

Also got 10 Java maduros in:

Posted 4 months ago #
  2. milehighpiper

milehighpiper

Login to Send PM

That is an excellent Christmas present! You must have been very good this year!

Posted 4 months ago #
  3. bluegrassbrian

bluegrassbrian

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Does you wife have a sister?

Tobacco's a help because it clears the mind
    But like all your friends it is vilified
    They always say, the right amount's fine
    Posted 4 months ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

oldtoby

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Very cool.

Merry Christmas!

Posted 4 months ago #
  5. npod

npod

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I love it! I remember getting my cigar humidor finally delivered from Aristocrat (Bob Staebell) back in the day. It was a new world being able to store full boxes. Mine is still going strong and full of aged cigars that don’t get much love due to my preference for pipe smoking now.

Neal
    Posted 4 months ago #
  6. jvnshr

jvnshr

Mod

Login to Send PM

Nice set-up.

Mine is still going strong and full of aged cigars that don’t get much love due to my preference for pipe smoking now.

Your address please

Edit: I forgot to mention that I like Ave Maria Knights Templar. Medium-bodied, never-tiring cigars.

Javan
    Posted 4 months ago #
  7. saltedplug

saltedplug

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

in 9/12 I bough a box of 10 Partagas Lusitanias from a Hong Kong cigar store. I was advised that they would peak in 7 years. 4 made it to this year, 2 of which I sold for $40.00 and the other 2 I gave to my tobacconist in compensation for a half dozen humidor seasoning consults. I was going to post that a well-aged cigar is a thing of beauty, but then I remembered that I probably never smoked one, these Partagas coming as closely to that as anything.

Posted 4 months ago #
  8. blendtobac

blendtobac

Tobacco Blender Extraordinaire

Login to Send PM

I've been a fan of Ave Maria for some time, and the Knights Templar is my favorite shape. AJ Fernandez outdid himself with that cigar. My tastes generally run toward stronger cigars, but these have so much flavor and complexity that I enjoy them regularly.

Russ

Posted 4 months ago #
  9. shanez

shanez

Login to Send PM

I love Ave Marias. True, they are not a strong or complex as some cigars but sometimes I just don't want stronger or more complex. It's also hard to find a flaw in an Ave Maria, in terms of flavor, non-harshness, etc. as opposed to physical construction.

Posted 4 months ago #
  10. jvnshr

jvnshr

Mod

Login to Send PM

shanez, have you ever tried Ave Maria Divinia? They are the best IMHO. Also there is one Reconquista that has been sleeping in my humidor for some time. Keeping that one for a special occasion.

Posted 4 months ago #
  11. olkofri

Olkofri

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Kingly gift. Wish I had a wife like that. Heh, wish I had a wife at all.

Regardless, now I have to get me a box of Ave Marias like that one: truly a masterpiece of art, both the box and the bands.

Not the sweet, new grass with flowers is this harvesting of mine;
    Not the upland clover bloom...
    Posted 4 months ago #
  12. jvnshr

jvnshr

Mod

Login to Send PM

Heh, wish I had a wife at all.

Be careful what you wish for

Posted 4 months ago #
  13. shanez

shanez

Login to Send PM

jvnshr, I haven't had the Divinia yet but have been wanting to. I pick one up and give it a spin.

The Reconquista is definitely a nice smoke. I have a few left in my humidor. That being said, unless I can get a good deal on them there are better cigars for less money.

This is just my personal opinion, but cigars that surpass $15/stick really have to stand out otherwise I'm happier spending less on something like an Ashton VSG. Now that being said, something like a Reconquista is really nice to have on a special occasion, like my birthday, which is why I like to keep a few around.

Posted 4 months ago #
  14. jvnshr

jvnshr

Mod

Login to Send PM

shanez, I think the Reconquista I bought came with a sampler pack, just a single coffin. I can't remember the price, checking now I can see that a single one is around $16-18.

but cigars that surpass $15/stick really have to stand out otherwise I'm happier spending less on something like an Ashton VSG

Can't agree more.

Posted 4 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   carolinachurchwarden, kiwiazz74