PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
Scored this little gem today from my local antique shop. It has been chopped to 4/34" so I am uncertain of the maker. All that is left of any markings read "REAL BRIA...ITALY." I'm guessing the maker's mark was on the cut off part, along with the rest of the markings. The pipe has been cleaned and sterilized and is ready to use. No chatter, no cracks. Got it for $50, which I was pleased with.
image18-600x450.jpg

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
Is it could be Lorenzo Imperia or Ascona Varallo seconds?
Not really sure. It's a nice little smoker, though. A tad warm, but not wet at all. The 'pine cone' shape reminds me of our cabin and the surrounding pines. I have been looking for a nose warmer type, so this is my first shot at smoking a little clencher.

pipenscotch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2012
What a cool pipe, enjoy it. I love antique store finds, gives me a sense of accomplishment every time I find a pipe that needs a little help, and I can be the one that will give it that second life it deserves.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
That's a great pipe! I love smaller 'clencher' pipes and that fits the bill perfectly. And for $50! It's not dissimilar to the little Former apple I covet and at a fraction of the price - http://www.danishpipeshop.com/product.asp?product=6872#.Ux8DqykgG0c
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.