New Storient Pipe!!! Arrived today... gorgeous!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
Thanks again new friends... somehow, you hooked me up with Yavuz... and I got an amazingly cool pipe... It shipped from Istanbul on 10/8... 2 days to get to Delaware... amazing... I am astounded by the fit and finish... here are some pics...
IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

vinvin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
Congratulations! I'm still waiting on mine, shipped 10/8 also but canadian customs are well... Ya know... I am so excited! Happy puffing!

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
Before I smoked pipes... (10 days ago) I had tried pipes... I used to dip into my dad's pipes once in a while... he has some very nice ones... and my favorite was his rusticated bulldog... he got it in Germany in the 1960's... but I loved the shape... So I knew a bulldog was in my future... I suddenly wanted meerschaum... guess you guys call it PAD...
I saw the Meerschaum Bulldog on the storient site and had to have it... and definitely with the blue stem... school colors... my college loans are a constant reminder of why I am going to be poor for some time... so I might as well have a blue and white pipe.
I emailed Yavuz and have been reading on the site about maintenance and how to get it ready to smoke...

I think it will be my saturday project... if I can wait that long.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Great choice! I also like the little bit of detail carved around the rim. Congrats and Enjoy!

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
i just got my storient eagle claw today as well. as a matter of fact i'm smoking my first bowl (1Q) out of it now. the website photos really don't do it justice. it has a beautiful amber hue to it. it smokes easy - i never smoked a meer before so i have nothing to compare it too. when i first looked at it i was almost afraid to smoke it because it looks so nice. this is going to be my evening smoker.
one question - do i need to always turn the stem clockwise when removing and replacing or something?

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I knew you would be happy. And what a deal on the price!
Chopz if it's his normal delrin briar type tenon, it's just push-pull and it doesn't matter. I'm used to doing the clockwise twist because of my other meerschaums, though, so I always do it.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
The quality of Storient's parts and the engineering was one of the things that sold me on his pipes. It looked legit on the internet, but once I got my PM2012 actually in my hand, I knew I would have no qualms about giving it a great review.
lasttango, just get used to holding by the stem once the bowl gets warm. It's a good habit if you smoke meerschaum and it gets to be a reflex in no time. If you watch my vid again, you can see me do it after I light the pipe. It's automatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.