PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
So - my cash flow problems have been resolved (i.e. it's payday at my new job!). To celebrate, I headed on over to my local B&M to pick out a celebratory pipe to commemorate being gainfully employed once again.
So after looking through the Crowns, Rossis, and Bjarne Viking Classics, I found a selection of Stanwell Zebranos. Sold!
null_zps5b5c49b6.jpg

null_zps170c4d76.jpg

The bowl is deceptive - looks almost dainty, but I can fit my index finger inside easily, to just beyond the first joint (so just over an inch deep).

javajunkie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2013
Looks delicate yet substantial, the transitional piece at the bit is cool as heck, and, as a Stan, it should be a great smoker. Nice pick up, enjoy!

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Nice buy. Congrats on the new pipe. Glad to hear you are employed again. Reap the rewards of hard work my friend, Enjoy!

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
Great pipe phred! I purchase two Stanwells on ebay during the last couple of months. Love them both.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I think we'll be doing a bit of yardwork tomorrow morning - I'll have to fire up some Luxury Bullseye Flake and see how it does with that... :puffpipe:

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
The LBF worked nicely. Had to relight a few times during the first half of the bowl as I was working on the back yard drip irrigation system and wasn't paying full attention to the pipe. On the other hand, I also managed to resuscitate what I thought was an extinguished light a couple of times, so I'm making progress there. Once we got the lines all hooked up, we let the new sprinkled run for 15 minutes while I finished the bowl, and it smoked like a dream...

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Nice Stanwell phred. I have two and like them very much. Congrats on the new job also. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.