PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Is it just me , but where is the English and US Dollar translations?? Am I missing somethig...

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I use an a phone/iPad app for the rates. The app checks the rates each time I open it. But, it's always interesting to walk around airports looking for the best exchange rate before swapping out dollars for the local currency.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Google is good, but remember the currency exchange rates continually fluctuate, if only slightly, so your price will depend on what day your order is processed. I think that's right. Or I'll hear about it.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
This new meer is referred to here as an "original" Andreas Bauer, "now almost impossible to find"...implying that it is pre 1990 and made in Austria...but it does not actually state that clearly.
https://tabaccheriacorti.com/gb/pipes/1788-a-bauer-the-original-pipe.html

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Upper left corner.
I don't know if you're referring to the Bauer, but if so, I'm not seeing anything in the upper left except that it's an original AB. The term original doesn't tell me much...you can call a post 1990 AB made in Turkey an "original". But stating that it is "now almost impossible to find" does give the impression of it being a pre '90. But the fact that it is new/unsmoked makes me wonder what the date and place of manufacture really is.
I thought of messaging them about it but their contact page is not in english...and I'm not considering purchasing it anyway...just found it interesting.
It's also interesting that I've looked at that page a few times now over the last day or so and the price keeps changing by a significant amount.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Well, for the record, I did go ahead and inquiry with them regarding the Bauer, and I received a very nice detailed reply.
In a nutshell, he had a few Bauer meers in his personal possession (at least 4 based on what was said) that were put up for sale a couple of years ago...and the one on the site now is the last one.
The others he knew for certain were of Austrian manufacture, but the current one he wasn't sure about so he contacted someone he knows who is supposed to be an expert on these AB meers, and his opinion is that this last one was made in Turkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.