PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
Always happy to see new blends. Is Hope Canal Pike place with a different name?

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
Lol. Zero connection there that just came way out of left field. I haven't pondered that I'll get back to you.

csharp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2015
I was wondering myself if Hood canal was not a crumble cake clone of that blend mentioned above.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
2v2JNCrR8x3L6Bn.jpg

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Just pulled the trigger on the Sutliff Crumble Cake Red Va & Va/per. Excited to try it out. Not many reviews out there yet.

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
I want to get all of them but I'm gonna start with the VA/per and English. If I like the vaper I'll buy the Virginia also because I think it mostly used the same VA. I cut back in my pipe smoking quite a bit temporarily at least or I would have them in hand already. I'm sure I'll turn it back up a notch soon haha.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hope Canal, disregarding the banter above, doesn't grab me as a blend name, whether it is a re-name of the earlier blend or not. I think Seattle has a lot of poetic and/or dramatic references that would provide something more memorable. Maybe if I knew more about Hope Canal, I'd feel differently. Seattle has an underground main street that was buried when the city had to be elevated for drainage; Underground Main Street might do. Or plain old Bremerton might do it, the shipyard town across the sound.

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
I agree with your sentiment on the name. It doesn't do much for me either. I still want to try it though as I'm a fan of their English crumble cakes.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Hope Canal, disregarding the banter above, doesn't grab me as a blend name, whether it is a re-name of the earlier blend or not. I think Seattle has a lot of poetic and/or dramatic references that would provide something more memorable. Maybe if I knew more about Hope Canal, I'd feel differently.
Not "Hope Canal" but rather "Hood Canal" which is a very pretty fjord adjacent to the Olympic Peninsula.

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
My tastes usually line up with his. I've never tried any of the vacuum sealed flat tin blends so I can't comment on those. Out of the rest Id say deception pass is my least favorite. The flavor is fine, but it kills my palate for some reason. Maybe just got an unlucky batch.

Status
Not open for further replies.