PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I finally took the plunge and joined pipesmagazine.com today. I started smoking a pipe while in college during the mid-90's, went back on cigs for awhile, and got back into pipes about three years ago. It's good to be back into pipes, as well as, snuff; and I'm really enjoying myself. Don't miss the cigs one bit. I've been listening to the pipesmagazine radio show on a regular basis, trying to catch up as well as listening to the new shows each week. I really enjoy listening and noticed that last weeks show featured a crystal clear quality thanks to the new software. I will listen to the show regardless of how it sounds, but must say that I prefer the old sound of the show. The new software makes the show sound tinny and pulls any warmth out of the quality that may have been there before. I don't want anyone to think I 'm complaining, just wondering if anyone else noticed and what they think about the new quality? Also, why are the ads played at such loud volumes compared to the show itself? I have to regularly adjust the volume to compensate for this. Love the show though. I will be looking to form a new pipe club in my area that will have a meeting on Thursdays at 7 and listening to the show at 8. I'm heading over in a minute to talk to the owner of my local B&M to see if this may be possible? Thanks for giving the pipe smoking community something great to listen to each week. I always look forward to Thursdays at 8 and I'll keep you posted on the how the start of a new pipe club in my area goes. Cheers from Dayton, Ohio.

peteross

Might Stick Around
Oct 9, 2012
Salida, CA
I guess I didn't notice. I have a good ear and I'm usually pretty picky. I do tweak my EQ regularly though for an optimum listening experience. And I've only listened to the podcast which might have some postproduction work to level the advertisements. I have yet to listen live.

M

My local B&M may as well be a cigar shop. I'm still interested in creating a pipe club in my area, but it may not be at the local B&M.

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
I personally listen to the content not the quality. Never understood griping about quality, a friend of mine is a music technician or whatever you call them, and I'm forever calling him a silly tart for moaning about such things. Ads always seem to be played at larger volumes though, I could only say it'd be so you notice it more... It is damn annoying though.

M

Yeah, I don't really care about quality. I just thought it was funny that Brian remarked that they had purchased some new software that would improve the quality of the sound and I thought it made the quality worse. That's all. The show's awesome and the quality doesn't really matter one way or the other. I agree with you.

av8scuba

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2013
Mid-Missouri
I personally like the new sound. But I've been accused of not having good ears too. But then again, I was raised on AM radio and still listen occasionally. I'm just glad we have the show. Thanks Brian and Kevin. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.