Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stumpyds8

Lurker
Mar 15, 2012
I have been smoking pipe for just a few weeks and have a few questions...
I have been experimenting with different tobaccos and am trying to locate information about them. For example, maybe general descriptions of cavendish, burleys, virginias, etc...
My local smoke shop pwner has been great but would like some in depth info. It is quickly becoming a great hobby!
I currently own a Molina Briar wood pipe. Love it. Any help with some links etc would be appreciated.
Thanks.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
This site has lots and lots of info. Take your time sorting threw it and when you are ready to branch out tobacco reviews is a good site also. You can look up a tobacco you enjoy and see what others think about it, find some one with similar taste and check their reviews.
Lots of tobacco to sample in the world. Enjoy the journey. :puffy:
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/browse_all.cfm

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
All good sources guys.

If you want a very rock bottom basic description of the various types of tobaccos you could also use Wikipedia.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Here's a pretty good summary of the different pipe tobaccos and various blends.

http://www.smokersforums.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1691402#post1691402

stumpyds8

Lurker
Mar 15, 2012
Thanks!
I have never smoked any of the stuff that comes in a can. The local smoke shop has a bunch of different blends in jars with descriptions on them. Been buying a 1/2 ounce at a time. Some time in the next few days I will post some of what I like and would love some more suggestions...
Thanks again. I ditched the cigs and loving this new hobby. Also, do you guys ever match tobacco with different drinks?

stumpyds8

Lurker
Mar 15, 2012
I am never going to get any work done now that I have discovered this site. Next time I go to the shop and write down some descrips of the tobacco that I like the best.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Welcome to the forum! Can't wait to see what your local store has, but be prepared to be bombarded with suggestions. We love to share our favorite smokes on here!
Oh yeah, you gotta post pix, especially of new pipes or accessories. If you don't you'll see this from somebody---------->
This_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

stumpyds8

Lurker
Mar 15, 2012
I am a guitar player myself. All acoustic stuff, been playing for alotta years. And yea I will post up on the tobaccos soon.

nightmarejones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Welcome Stumpy..Being pretty new to the briar myself..I found this site to be one of the MOST informative,so just browse around the threads and links everyone gives and you'll be a pro pipe smoker in no time

Status
Not open for further replies.