PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie

Might Stick Around
Apr 16, 2011
Louisiana, USA
I have a little bjarne briar I bought just to see if I liked smoking a pipe, and a Savinelli comming in in my University set. I want something a bit bigger, though. Both pipes are a bit on the small side. Is there something a bit deeper with thicker walls? I'm switching from cigs so I tend to smoke a bit hot. Working on it, though!

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Here's what I have on hand that falls into that category .

on-hand-600x449.jpg

charlie

Might Stick Around
Apr 16, 2011
Louisiana, USA
Niiiice. I wish I could carve something out of wood like that, but the last time I tried to carve a cat, my mom asked why I made flubber.. :oops:

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Charlie thanks for the accepting my friendship request.
I can tell you Arthur makes a fine pipe.

It smokes cool and open. I absolutely love the stem feel.

My tapered apple is one of my very favorite pipes.

Here's my proud papa photo.

uncle-arthurtapered-apple.jpg

charlie

Might Stick Around
Apr 16, 2011
Louisiana, USA
It's a beautiful pipe, Lawrence. I can tell he's talented, I'm honored that he's offering to sell me one. What do you like to smoke in your Uncle Arthur original? :)

sirbogglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2011
You can't beat an Uncle Arthur pipe, everyone on this site would recomend one or a dozen :D
Most of my bowls are atleast 2 1/2" with chambers that are 1 1/2"+. My big thick walled pipes are a Ser Jacopo Sanblasted Bent Dublin Maxima Maxima S2 and a Boswell Oom-Paul....Bjarne, Mario Grandi, and Nording also make really good Jumbo thick walled pipes...
But for the customization, draw, briar quality, price, and beauty, you can't beat an Uncle Arthur! :D

charlie

Might Stick Around
Apr 16, 2011
Louisiana, USA
Well, I have to wait for my next paycheck as all my saved money went towards paying summer tuition, but I look forward to ordering the one he showed me that really caught my eye. ^-^

Status
Not open for further replies.