PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
Hello all,
I am a new smoker (smoked a corn cob pipe for one summer in college but my girlfriend accidentally broke it on halloween). When she went to Italy last summer she bought me this pipe. I just started smoking it regularly last week (a bowl or two about every-other day). I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me identify any details about my pipe:

I have really enjoyed smoking an aromatic blend from a local tobacconist as well as a reasonable english blend.
Sincerely,

LincolnBarks

(name is really Joe, Lincoln is my dogs name)

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Welcome Linc!
I'll check back when you get your picture working. You should check out pipedia on the web too if you already haven't. Google Pipephil too.

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
I can't seem to get a good picture of the marking on the shank but it is marked: "X02807D"

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
lincolnsbark, I have several brands of Italian pipes and this one has no resemblance to any of them, nor

to any I've seen online. Does it say "Italy" on the shank, bowl, or stem? It is possible, though your girlfriend

bought the pipe in Italy, it is from some other country. There are now Czech and Polish pipes on the export

market. This pipe does not look like any English, Danish, Irish, or U.S. pipes I know. Incidentally, it's not

unusual to have these "mystery pipes," even with more information that you have about this one. I've been

trying to find out the actual source of a pipe I bought at the Tinder Box chain 35 plus years ago. It's their

house brand, St. Ives, but was made by some manufacturer, I suspect in the U.S., but I can't find anyone who

knows, and the Tinder Box folks aren't talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.