PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

4etecjonathan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2015
A small supply of Penzance was for sale last night from Milan Tobacconists. Besides myself did anyone else get some??
Jon :puffpipe:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Why is the supply of Penzance so limited? If there's such a demand, why don't they double their output until it matches the customer base? Is there a constituent leaf that is rare? Or is it that the little old couple who are the only ones who know the recipe can't make more than thirty tins a month? Or it is a diabolical plot to entice and then torment the people who try it? Usually, when something is popular, there will be a run on it, and then the supply catches up. So what's up with Penzance?

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
I like it a lot, saw it today for 14.95 and most always limited to 1 tin. Since I hardly need more tobacco and with shipping and sometimes tax it runs into the $20.00-24.00 range for a two ounce tin. Hardly a deal and while I like it, I don't like it that much.
Who knows why it is limited but since I worked for the man, I know that everything is a conspiracy, and I mean everything.

alhaji

Lurker
Oct 2, 2015
I can report authoritatively that niceashcigars.com has some brands of Esoterica available NOW.

The Briary just announced a whole new shipment of Esotericas also.

Phhhht, they intentionally hold back. They are a very small operation, and they enjoy the hell out of selling out with every release. They have gone from a few times a year to almost monthly releases now, but they have no intentions at all of fully meeting demand, and I wouldn't either. They keep demand and supply in balance with their liking.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I just picked up a bag of Penzance today. Not one of my favorites by any means but I realized I was out a few weeks ago. I would agree that another shipment has made its way over the pond.

4etecjonathan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2015
Available in Southern CA. According to the owner of my B&M in Palm Desert he received a shipment of Arango Products this past Monday. Among them were Esoterica Blends including the most popular ones and also some of the Germains Blends including some Balkan Sobranie of which I picked up a tin. This should be a somewhat steady supply according to the Arango salesman. Arango is not going overboard to prevent hoarding by smokers, the Salesman said that they feel that too many people are GREEDY and leave nothing for a majority that maybe doesn't have the time to run out and invest their kids College Fund into their Tobacco. I think that this is the best way to keep there product available to all.
Jon :puffpipe: :puffpipe:

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
That's really interesting to hear from Arango. My B&M here will actually open a bag or two and jar it and sell it by the ounce so everyone as least has a shot if they actually want to TRY the blend and not sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.