PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalvort

Might Stick Around
May 18, 2013
ITV's Maigret starring Rowan Atkinson! Lots of pipe smoking and I'm only about 30 minutes in. It is based on the novel by Georges Simenon. Enjoy guys!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QLxIBkewLw

tobaccojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2016
USA
The uploader has not made this video available in your country.
I wish we got to check out ITV stuff in the US. Thanks for the heads up though. I'll look into this further at a later date.

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
Use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) service to create a tunnel to Great Britain - I viewed the trailer on my iPad using Tunnel Bear VPN, a simple, intuitive, unobtrusive, & reliable VPN service which has both free & paid services, depending on your data needs. (I will not use public WiFi without activating the VPN).

dukdalf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2011
I've watched Rowan Atkinson try his hand at becoming Maigret. He's quite convincing, both as a French police inspector and as a pipesmoker, but Bruno Cremer still rules.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I used the Tunnel Bear VPN browser plugin per cossackjack's recommendation with success. The free service has a pretty low bandwidth limit though. It's 400MB.
pipe%20capture_zpswqdgjgo3.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Just installed it and it was set at 500 MB for streaming. I am trying out "4K Video Downloader" in conjunction with it, which will eat up half my allowance.
Thanks, Jack and Tuold! Always wondered when I'd find a VPN a necessity..... :)

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Well, the downloader "failed to mux" so I guess that's out. Does the VPN's limit on streaming toll on domestic use, or only that from abroad?

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
@jpmcwjr: the Tunnel Bear free service is limited to 500 MB/month domestically & internationally.

We went with the Grizzly plan at ~$50/year, unlimited streaming, as it is more cost effective for our family & is used extensively when away from our secure home network.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
That's not any bloke, that's Blackadder!! Fortunately for me, I've not watched the Bean series and so have no biding notion on him in that.
I think he'd make an even better Clouseau!

Status
Not open for further replies.