PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirbogglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2011
My commissioned Poker and Tamper from Scott Hudson arrived today and I haven't been able to stop staring at it for the last hour. 8O It's a BEAST! And a beauty! Imho. I can't wait to smoke it this weekend! :D I attached some pics he sent me but they really don't do it justice and my camera isn't any good.
Measurements:

Height ~ 3"

Bowl Diameter ~ 2"

Total Length ~ 6 3/8"

Chamber Diameter ~ 7/8"

Chamber Depth ~ 2 1/8"
The straight grain on the bowl. The rustication work. The birdseye on the bottom of the bowl. The pieces of plateax top from the briar block used left in the rim of the pipe. The metallic looking stem - in the light. And the tamper is cored with lead so it has a nice hefty feel to it just like I like them. I'm in awe. Scott has outdone himself with this pipe imho, and I couldn't hold the excitement in any longer - I needed to share this with people who would understand what I'm feeling right now. :D
sh-poker-tamper-1-600x399.png

sh-poker-tamper-4-600x399.png

sh-poker-tamper-6-600x399.png

sh-poker-tamper-7-600x399.png

sh-poker-tamper-2-600x399.png

sh-poker-tamper-3-600x399.png

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Wow that is a good looking poker. I also have one of his pipes, great craftsmanship.

sirbogglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2011
Thanks antbauers! Yeah his attention to detail is amazing. Do you have any pics of yours? Is it a poker? I'm already thinking up of some designs for my next pipe from him even though it probably won't be for about another year.

sirbogglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2011
Thanks ithelouniverse! Yeah its my first poker and I'm loving it! Make sure to share yours once you get it because I'd love to see it! Cheers! :D

andya27

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 15, 2014
Wow, that's one fantastic looking poker. Stunning work. Wonderful grain and the stain color is spot on. Congrats!

sirbogglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2011
Andy - Thank you! And to think I originally asked for his rusticated 1029.1 (side of bowl is fully rusticated - on his site) except in a much bigger size. But he couldn't bare covering up this grain once he started working on the block lol and I'm glad he made that call! I'm definitely going to be getting his 1029.1 though, just don't know when yet lol. Cheers!

sirbogglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2011
Al - Thank you! I definitely will! I'll be having my first smoke out of it this weekend and can hardly wait! You should check out his site, he has a VERY interesting story on how he became a carver. Cheers!

sirbogglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2011
eJames - Thank you! Yeah what a horrific accident! But he turned it into a positive thing! Always wonderful to see that happen! :D Cheers!

sirbogglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2011
tlag77 - Thank you very much! The grain is amazing. The pics above really don't do it justice. I'm going to have to invest in a good camera and find a good lit area for future pics lol. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.