PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
First time the deliver to my office strategy has backfired! I'm home with my sick son and my new pipe and tobacco was delivered to the office this morning, crap!

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Well...
I'm sure your coworkers will break her in for you. :puffy:
Hope your son feels better.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Where do you work?
I'll swing by and pick it up. I'll even break it in for you.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Jah I'm in Toronto, probably a trek for you, plus dealing with tge 3 feet of snow! I'll just have to wait until tomorrow. My boy is on the back end of a little bug, nobig deal just the usual kid stuff.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I hope you son feels better very soon. At least when you go to your office you will have an excellent reward to enjoy perhaps during lunch time.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
At least when you go to your office you will have an excellent reward to enjoy perhaps during lunch time.
True enough - maybe you can look forward to going to work!

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Well I thought the little guy was over the bug, but boy was I wrong! Just a flu bug so not a huge deal. However, my beautiful new Savinelli is sitting on my desk and it looks like I won't be getting it tomorrow either. Crap, foiled again!

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Go Leafs! Oh and I didn't say I'd deliver it too you. Just that I'd be glad to pick it up. LOL
In all seriousness I hope your son feels better soon. We had the stomach flu go through the five of us earlier this year. I almost painted a red "x" on the door to warn people to stay away from the plague house.
I have found that one of my favorite things about this hobby is the anticipation. I look forward to smokes out of two of my favorites. I smoke one only on Saturday morning and one only on Sunday morning. They're the same brand and make too. Only one is smooth and one is rusticated.

jeffboyrd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2012
I had this happen in reverse once, I had taken the day off, coincidentally the same day a Bing's Favorite was supposed to arrive, I rarely take a day off. Wouldn't you know it I got called in to work. The UPS driver left the packaged Bing on my doorstep where it weathered the snow, rain and ice mix for about 13 hours. The water seeped into the package and ruined the nice blue Savinelli box. I was so pissed, I tore open the package and lit that thing-up at 1am. In my haste and exhaustion, I ended up scorching the rim and put a sizable eyesore on the pretty chiara finish. I considered sending it away, but I left it there as a battle-scar and reminder to calm the hell down and relax. I haven't scorched a rim since.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
My daughter now looks to be coming down with this plague, so there's a good chance I won't get it tomorrow either! Rest assured, when I do get my grubby paws on it there will be lots of pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.