PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
Well...I was getting pretty smug. 6-Months PAD free. The pressure was starting to build, but my will power was still pretty strong so when I started getting worked-up about various freehands, I was able to resist. But then I made the mistake of visiting Briar Blues for the first time in a while and I caved. This Preben Holm IMO is absolutely beautiful. I don't know much about their history or if he really carved this one but I love it. What should I smoke in it?

preben-holm-1.jpg

preben-holm-2.jpg

preben-holm-3.jpg

preben-holm-4.jpg

preben-holm-5.jpg

preben-holm-6.jpg

fluffie666

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2014
Wow! That's an absolutely beautiful pipe! I'm no expert either but it looks like one of the later 80's pipes carved by him. Stunning! Personally, I think pipes are made to be smoked. If I had a beauty like that, it would dive me crazy to put a match to it. I'd probably admire it for a good few months before I actually smoked out of it. Congratulations my friend! That is a stunner!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I don't smoke mine much anymore. Just a bit too much pipe. They are really good aro smokers though.

Jan 8, 2013
Well, damn. I've been watching that pipe for about a year and decided I was finally going to purchase it in a few weeks time. It is such a beautiful pipe, and I'm glad a fellow member here snagged it. Congratulations and enjoy the heck out of it. :clap:

4etecjonathan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2015
Please could You post a couple of photos of the underside of the wooden stem. The engraving here can tell You a lot about the pipe. It's a GREAT looking pipe made to smoke not a heirloom so go ahead and light it up. It's a insult to Preben not to smoke His pipes!! It's perfect for a good English Tobacco,don't put any aeromatics through it at first
Jon :puffpipe: :puffpipe:

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Congrats on that one Stan!............ :clap:

That's one of the finest I've seen....... IF it were mine, I'd smoke my favorite blend in it, on special occasions.

What a great example, you did well............. :puffy:

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
I have several similar beautiful Preben Holmes pipes with their large conical bowls that sing with Oriental-forward Balkans, strong Latakia blends or flakes, or complex mixtures, such as Haddo's Delight.

I love ''em.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
Thanks all. I'm pretty excited about this one.
Please could You post a couple of photos of the underside of the wooden stem. The engraving here can tell You a lot about the pipe.
It says "Preben Holm Fancy 300 Hand Made in Denmark"

4etecjonathan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2015
That pipe was produced in his factory by any one of 40 employees who worked for him between the mid seventies and the early eighties. It is a 300 series of Fancy Pipes made for the American market for export. This pipe is worth in the condition as is around $70.00 to $130.00 depending on how much the buyer will be willing to pay for it. It is a much higher grade pipe than any say pipes that don't bare his factory signature that were considered seconds.Examples of his seconds were the Frasorteret, Monte Verde. His better Grades are Crown and Hallmark certain Ben Wades but not all.His top of the line Pipes that were carved by Him personally are the Private Collection Series.
Jon :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.