PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Hi everyone. I've been gone for a while now. But I'm back....and after about 9 months of wanting to pull the trigger on a lot of pipes, along came Judds Pipes and Pens new website. Great offers and discounts which I took full advantage of. I've wanted one of these pipes for a long time...but wanted one that really caught my eye. I scored an absolute beauty... it really looks like someone bought it....smoked it a few times... then put it away for some reason... not mark on the stem.. needed a slight ream..and a good everclear scrub... During which my pipe cleaners came out a slight brown..no black or sludge.
The draw hole is wide....and perfectly aligned. It smokes like a dream, and my packing method is perfect for it. I set it down last night for a few minutes...picked it back up, and it was still lit... amazing.
I present my new Karl Erik

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Thanks guys..nice to be back.

I think its the stem that gives it the 60s look.. I havent a clue if these can even be dated..

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
I'll post some more becoming pictures with natural daylight soon..

After the discounts it was just over $50. Which is a steal.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
No clue. I have one of his pipes as well. The stem is a bit loose and it gets to gurgling fast.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Thats the other thing that got me....Every one of his pipes I've had in my hand had a loose stem. ...this one fits really tight and deep....

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That's a great looking pipe for sure and sounds like you got an awesome deal to boot. Enjoy! :puffy:

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
No kidding, @ska? Anyone else have an Erik Karl that has a loose stem? It really is preventing me from liking the pipe of his I have. It doesn't just fall out, but it isn't a tight fit like basically every other pipe I've ever had. I have one of his pipes from his days carving for Larsen & Stigart.

delro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2015
I love the top of the bowl on it, reminds my of a dinosaur egg, badass!

Status
Not open for further replies.