Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
One of my major goals for this year at the pipe show was to upgrade some of my lesser pipes to better ones. I am content with my purchases below.
From the bottom is a new billiard from a new carver called Bender. It was new for $20. It is a great smoker.
Next is the pipe from the slow smoke contest. I got the pipe, but could not compete since my vehicle broke down and I had to borrow my asthmatic wife's van. I could not take the chance of getting her vehicle smoky.
Next is a new Savinelli Author. It was hard to light tonight, when I got home, but that might be because of my packing technique and not drying the tobacco. Once lit, it works great. $56
Next is a Brigham pipe. This smokes like a dream. It would not go out. I had to lay it aside to try a different pipe. $55
The top pipe is an olive wood pipe, I bought from someone selling the pipes from a relative that had died recently. It was $25. I want to clean it good before I try it.
These are definitely an upgrade to my collection. I toss or gift the older pipes to someone at work.
Winton

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
It was great to meet you Winton! Congrats on your new pipes.
-- Pat/Brian AKA "Johnny Large Tin"

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
A great group of pipes at wallet tickling prices. The Bender billiard looks very nice. Why such a low price? Did he have more? How doese it smoke?
I got the pipe, but could not compete since my vehicle broke down and I had to borrow my asthmatic wife's van. I could not take the chance of getting her vehicle smoky.
Contestants sat in their cars for the competition? That's kind of cool.

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
Congrats on the pipes all very good looking. The competition pipe is a beaut too.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
My guess is that the carver did not price well. He had three pokers with the $20 price tag. I immediately grabbed the one I liked. It smokes really well. I smoked it at least four times in the next two days.

nurseman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 8, 2014
My guess is that the carver did not price well.
Agree .. I noticed that many of the carvers did not know how to price their products. Most were too high but some were too low - I know some sold out in the pre show.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Winton
It was great to meet you and I am enjoying the bone pipe tamper I got from you on Friday. I used it all weekend!
@pete03. The slow smoke competition pipe was a Luciano made just for the event. Although not a fan of straights, this one smoked pretty well

Status
Not open for further replies.