PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I haven't posted much lately so I haven't shared my latest purchases and experiences. On IPSD I purchased a Stanwell designed by Nanna Iversson, shape N4 and last weekend I visited Walper Tobacco in Kitchener, Ontario (it is Canada's oldest continuously operating tobacconist) and picked up this Brigham Chinook shape 47. In between I had the opportunity to try Dunhill's MM 965 thanks to a fellow pipe club member and that single bowl prompted me to immediately order 5 tins from 4Noggins. I ordered Monday and the shipment arrived at my office today, which is exceptionally fast! Unfortunately I'm home with my son who has Chicken Pox so I can't crack open a tin of 965 until tomorrow at best. My mouth is salivating at the prospect of having all those tins to myself!

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
Nice choices! I too received an order from 4Noggins yesterday. I received five bulk tobaccos including Dunhill 965 :wink: They even sent me a tobacco sample which I have never received from any of the other on-line retailers.
In the order was my second Peterson, a small barrel pipe for work when I don't have time to smoke a bigger bowl. After reading about the quality issues of the newer Petersons on this site, I kind of wish I hadn't ordered another though the Shannon I received on Monday has the draft hole where it should be and I don't see any faults with the finish. But, it does have me thinking that I need to stick with Stanwell, Nording and Savinelli.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Saint you have to try a Brigham one of these days, I love all of mine in particular the Chinook line. My Chinook 426 is far and away my best smoker.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Most excellent! Those pipes are both very nice, but I give the edge to the Stanwell. I really like the shape, and finish on it.

Nice haul on the 965 as well, congrats and enjoy!

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
A Chinook you say, aye. :wink: I'm always looking for something different, I'll check them out. Thanks

sidious

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 30, 2014
I also have a 4noggins order with some MM965 that should arrive at the office today. Unfortunately my daughter has pink eye so I am working from home today.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Oh what a glorious sight to come to the office to today! What I'm most impressed with is that it arrived in 4 days from 4Noggins to Toronto on the cheapest shipping method.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Nice pick-ups, brother! Are those humidifiers I see in that little baggy, yonder? Hmmmmm... Changing tastes from extra-crispy to just fried?
Well done, Brian.
-- Pat

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Loving that Stanwell Bri, so you know what that means, right????
Dan's getting himself a Stanwell... seriously your pipes and Brian's pipes need to get a room.
:nana:
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.