PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj11

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2013
This site is filled with so much helpful information. Thank you all. Let's see, in the last couple of weeks I have purchased these pipes: Butz Choquin, Peterson, Savinelli (which is my favorite, so far) and a Stanwell that arrives today. My wife informed me this morning that I am now "officially" on pipe probation. She would not elaborate on how long the probation will last, but that's okay... it will give me more time to save for my next pipe. I have my sights set on a Dunhill. Wish me luck.
Thanks again for the educational experience.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Quality purchases for sure. I remind my wife that my pipes last a lot longer than her shoes. Her 100+ pairs don't come close to the number of pipes I have.

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Welcome to the forum and the addiction!! Been on pipe probation myself for years now! :puffpipe:

aquilas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
Just like papipeguy said, the longevity of the pipes will be more than that of our women's shoes. Heck, I'll even say the number of purses they, for some reason, "need" to have! lol.
I still have yet to tell my girlfriend of my new Savinelli. Surprisingly, she hasn't wondered what the blue box next to my other pipes is.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Four great pipes in two weeks! Whoopee! Your wife is right, although maybe for her own reasons. You now

have to settle back and break in these wonderful briars and learn to enjoy them. Savenelli will win your heart

right away, and on through the years, but I think you will find the others unfold admirably for you, with a little

patience, and for different blends. You have a sturdy rotation. Work at cleaning them after each smoke, and

rotating them. I have all of those pipe brands but the Stanwell, though I'd like one. So, you are on pipe

probation, but maybe your wife wouldn't mind a little Christmas hint? It could make her Christmas shopping

easy.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Ah the beauty of seperate bank accounts... As long as the bills get paid I can get away with almost anything as long as I catch the delivery guy. :D Nice additions for sure; I'm not surprised the Sav is your favorite as it is easily my best smoker too. Happy smoking!

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I've got pipes I've had longer than the total of Three wives :wink: ...

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Bad move, never admit they are new. "Oh that old thing, I've had that forever. Its been lost in a drawer for a while."
Works every time.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
John - I've been puzzling over your comment "I remind my wife that my pipes last a lot longer than her shoes. Her 100+ pairs don't come close to the number of pipes I have." Does that mean her 100+ pairs greatly outnumbers your pipes, or the other way around?
hp

les

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I just got three bulldogs in two weeks off of Ebay. None were very expensive but I am trying to resist buying more threw the holidays. I will post some pics as soon as I get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.