Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazybugger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2012
Just thought I would share my new pipes that have just arrived .... awesome jake hackerts ... ones going to a friend and I think we are firing them up on our fishing charter tomorrow afternoon ... first smoke for me will be blackhouse and mine is dedicated to english blends .

brianwood_zpsef0787c8.jpg

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
Burn my handlebars off trying to light that one!! I could only imagine... Pretty cool though!!

lazybugger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2012
well first smoke was amazing, half filled with blackhouse she smokes like a dream and i will look forward to my english blends when i get home ... i do need to find some decent pipe storage / holders tho ... and a big ashtray i think

Dec 24, 2012
Very cool looking pair.
How long are those pipes, approximately?
I know zilch about Hackert, but his pipes seem to go for quite a bit on ebay. Can you tell us a bit about him?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Neat Hackerts. Wingenroths in PA sells them from his shop, he buys them directly from Jake (Lebanon, PA area). I believe Hackert started out making fancy corn cob pipes. I've owned two, I'd put them on par with a Boswell or David Jones (so the max I'd pay for one is around $100-$150, $300 - no way). Most of what Mel displays in his shop are in the $100 range (or they were last year).

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I recently saw that video Sam and found finding pipes directly from him (even when you type his name into Google and Ebay) difficult. On the video he says he has his pipes at so and so store and Lancaster is only 1.5 hours from me so I thought about taking a ride out there one day. Have you ever been to his shop?
Lazybugger - did you commission Hackert for these pipes or did you get them second hand?
Thanks,
Dan

lazybugger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2012
I commisioned them in the first week of january I believe ... this is unfortunatly how long it takes some things to get to nz sometimes ... tho they did do the trip twice lol .i just called him up and asked for 2 pipes similar to a couple on youtube and thats what he sent so while they may be pretty close to another pipe out there they are still slightoy unique. Like pretty much every dealing I have had with folk from PA , jake was awesome ... full of great info and happy to chat away and his pipes smoke well I really can recommend him . For a stubby little nosewarmer the bowl is huge and I am looking forward to the nice long bowls in winter (should be nicely broken in by then ).

Status
Not open for further replies.