PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

needvices

Lurker
Jan 15, 2019
Just getting into smoking a pipe and branching out into forums for gleaning knowledge. I'm just getting into my 30's and my wife thinks I'm far too young for a pipe, but I'm also way too young to keep dumping $10 into a cigar every day. Enjoying the hobby so far and loving Lat blends with an oriental backbone. Sad I got into this hobby a little too late but cigarettes had my ear for over a decade, so better late than never.
Look forward to spending some time with you all and getting acquainted with new blends!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard. Yes, pipes are more refined taste-wise, IMHO, and a far better deal price-wise. I've spent time in Florida, mostly on the Caloosahatchie River and a week or so at Miami's South Beach for a meeting for work. Nice if humid old restored hotel, and pleasant swimming after the work day.

needvices

Lurker
Jan 15, 2019
Thanks for the welcome, humidity is the name of the game down south. I'm glad for the humidity, considering sub freezing temperatures are a twice a year thing, along with a nice ocean breeze in the summer.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I started smoking pipes when I was 29. In a way it doesn't seem like it was long but I'm 76 now.You're not to young to start..A lot of us pipe smokers sneak in a cigar now and then.No reason not to enjoy both..Welcome to the forum..You will enjoy it here.

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
Welcome to the Forums! I've lived in quite a number of Florida spots in my younger years. Still have a brother in Boynton. Naples is one of my favorite places.

needvices

Lurker
Jan 15, 2019
Sorry for the continued delay, been logged out and just got back to the computer I signed up on. I'm up in P'cola area, seems to be quite a few members in the area. I don't herf publicly as our selection of shops is pretty dismal. Maybe we can establish a meetup!

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Welcome aboard! I grew up in Jacksonville, but moved north 20+ years ago. I could not handle the heat / humidity.

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Maybe we can establish a meetup!
Yes, I’m definitely for that. I wasn’t really aware of any other members in the area but if there is enough interest, I believe a pipe club would be a fantastic idea.
There is a cigar shop in Pensacola that may host meetings. (Cordova Cigars). I’ll call them and ask. Maybe get the ball rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.