Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

coffinmaker

Can't Leave
Jan 20, 2016
Well, another pretty stem pipe grabbed me. This is a filtered pipe, of which I'm not a fan of, but the stem, my weakness. This stem is harder than the forever style stems. Could this be Amber? The pipe has no markings, no stem marking. The stem has a metal sleeve that fits into the pipe and takes a Medico Paper filter. Who made this pipe? It does smoke very well.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Very nice, that's my kind of pipe. Does the tenon have a snug fit? I had one of similar construction for awhile. I think it was a no name also.

coffinmaker

Can't Leave
Jan 20, 2016
@mcitinner1 -- snug, stem fits really well, do you smoke yours with the filter? I'm surprised that someone won't own up to making it. Lucite - Poly(methyl 2-methylpropenoate)(Poly(methyl methacrylate)also known as acrylic or acrylic glass as well as by the trade names Plexiglas, Acrylite, Lucite, and Perspex among several others. I had to look it up. Thanks all. I filled it with a mix of trash tobacco and even that was good in this pipe. Most likely the paper filter. BUT, the filter must go!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Looks somewhat Dr. Grabow-like, although I can't think why it wouldn't have a logo or stamp or both. Or a Medico when they did mostly briar rather than Brylon. I don't see it as a Kaywoodie or a Yello-Bole. I could be either a second of some kind or a pipe that's been refinished.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I agree with cobbsmoker,looks to be an unstamped Royalton. There's a lot of unstamped Grabows out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.