PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
So the other day a coworker of mine came in all excited about how he's getting into pipesmoking... goes with the territory of writing, he said... I agree. So I told him I smoke a pipe. He didn't believe me, so I showed him some photos of my pipes in my phone. He only has one pipe at the moment, a cob, but he's planning on getting a Bjarne this weekend. So I decided I'd help him out a bit. Hey, that's what we do, right? Anyway, he made out like a bandit, as I hooked him up pretty good with probably nearly half a pound of various tobaccos. I gave him some Brigadier Black Alamo, and Gettysburg, some Captain Black Dark, and Cherry (been trying to get rid of the cherry lol)a bit of Sutliff Private Stock Alexander Bridge, a bit of The Black Dragon's Rage (that's one of my special throw some stuff together blends hehe) and even gave him some of my beloved Black House even though I'm beginning to run low. Needless to say, he was quite stoked, and it made me feel like a million bucks. I think I've developed a bit of TGD... Tobacco Generosity Disorder (I think I just penned that term first, folks)and it's a good good feeling. :)

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
That's great! I recently discovered I have some pipe smoking buddies at work. One of them is a member here on the forum, oldpops41. The other is just getting started with pipe smoking. Me and oldpops routinely trade tobaccos and tricks we've learned over the years. We've had a lot of fun and discovered a lot of good new blends in the process. It's great to have buds to share your hobbies with.

Jan 8, 2013
You may be right, Roth. An ex coworker just texted me... stand up guy. Says he has a gift for me, when I work next. I expect to see him on Friday. I wonder what it could be...

chagovatoloco

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2013
Things like this really define what class of people you are around. You guy are top notch, well done.

Jan 8, 2013
Well, it makes you feel good, and it brightens another's day as well. Karma just came through for me, just moments ago. An ex coworker, just came by and dropped off a pretty nice Nascar edition Firebird lighter for me. Said he was at his favorite cigar shop, saw it, immediately thought of me (knows I'm a Nascar junkie), and decided I had to have it. He's a real stand up guy, and I'm glad we stay in contact now that we don't work together anymore.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
Your generosity will get a friend started out right in our hobby, and hopefully, you'll have a new smoking buddy! Way to go!

drcarlo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2013
I'd also like to have a nearby pipe buddy! This community is great, but I still prefer communicating with real people to electronic people.
Misunderstand this correctly.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Wish I had a buddy who was interested in pipes/tobacco. My friends call me an old man when I light up a pipe and shake their heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.