PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtex

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2015
TX
Hello, My name is James and I have smoked cigars (avg one daily) for over 10 years now. This is my third go round with pipes and it seems to be the most pleasant so far. Previously I lost interest due to severely burning my tongue and mouth by trying to make my pipe produce as much smoke as a cigar.. I have found that I HATE latakia due to having made myself sick from smoking too much of it years ago, but I do have an appetite for VA's, VA/PER's and sometimes even a little burley and orientals (specifically turkish Izmir). I look forward to learning more here to increase the pleasure of smoking my pipe and contributing as well!

jeepnewbie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
Welcome to the forums! Tongue can turn one off pretty fast, just remember its not about how much smoke you can produce. Just about setting back and relaxing. Take it slow as you develop the skill. Hope it sticks with you this time.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Yeah, unfortunately producing plumes of thick smoke with a pipe indicates that one's tongue is on fire (or will be shortly). :P
Welcome to the forums, and welcome back to pipe smoking!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Sip Va's, VaPer's and VaBur's slowly and lightly and you get great flavor and no tongue bite. You also get to avoid incinerating your pipes or burning the flesh off your hands when you hold them. It's not about clouds of smoke or not having to relight. It's about enjoying the unique flavors that pipe blends bring.
BTW, welcome to the forums.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Once you become one with the pipe, you shall then and only then be able to blow the smoke of quality and of quantity. I've frequented this forum for only a few months, yet tis taken me this long to master the blowing of the smoke which I can do now with the best of them. I can fill my loft in thick smoke of fine quality.
Not really, I'm just blowing smoke :D

bigtex

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2015
TX
Thanks for the welcomes!
To answer tarheel1's question, I am currently residing in Rosenberg, TX and have for the past 6 years.
As for the PAD/TAD, I am currently considering seeking treatment for it. I also have a bad case of CAD as well but regret to inform you guys that it has been deemed "untreatable" by conventional methods and requires me to smoke at least one cigar a day.
I started with one pipe, then two, then three. It seems that those started breeding like rats as I have somewhere over twenty now. Most of them "estate" pipes from eBay consisting mostly of Peterson's.
Ok, gotta go back to work now...

davidintexas

Jun 4, 2013
Welcome to the forum fellow Texan. You'll get all the advice you need and don't need on here. Ha. 99.9% of it is great stuff. Has helped me tremendously. Yep, sip slow and take it easy.

Jan 8, 2013
Pipesmoking must be gaining in popularity in the great state of Texas :) Welcome aboard fellow Texan. I believe there's quite a few of us here now :)

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Enablers is right, my herd has jumped by leaps and bounds since being here. Very nice to be in good company though. Welcome to the forum!

khartman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 6, 2015
Welcome, myself being new as well I have found this forum full of all kinds of information. Don't worry about not knowing something, someone on the forum will have the answer.

seagullplayer

Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
I still smoke a cigar on occasion, but I found the pipe a bit more agreeable.

And more cost effective, in theory, if we would just stop buying pipes...
Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.