New Pipe Smoker and I am a woman and I love it!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Ropp Pipes
New Cigars
120 Fresh Peterson Pipes
108 Fresh Brulor Pipes
23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelbyred94

Lurker
Nov 30, 2014
Glad I found this site. I am a 47 year old woman, started pipe smoking and I love it. I also love to keep it in my mouth after I am done smoking. Just wondering if that is weird? :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Shelby, welcome to Forums. I'd say you were just enjoying the recent memory of a good bowl of leaf,

a little afterglow, and the slight flavor from a light draw on a pipe that's gone out.

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Shelby, welcome to the forum. I also wander around with am empty pipe. Tasting the tabac smoked.
John

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Good to see that you love being a woman! You go girl, in this day and age it is important to remem...no, wait, I think I misread that...
Welcome to the hobby! :)

mephistopheles

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 14, 2014
Welcome, Shelby.
No, it isn't weird. I do the same thing. There is still flavor there as the guys have mentioned. :puffpipe:

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Welcome to the forums!

I don't normally leave the pipe in my mouth after its finished, but I know several pipe smokers that will clench a pipe throughout the day without any tobacco in it. They just like the feel of the pipe in there mouth and its a comfort to them. If that makes sense. :mrgreen:

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
"Good to see that you love being a woman! You go girl, in this day and age it is important to remem...no, wait, I think I misread that... "
Well-played, Brewshooter, well-played!
shelbyred94:
Welcome, Ma'am, to the Forums! Here the smoking lamp is always lit, and here you will also find more people with pipes (both lit and unlit) in their mouths than anywhere else on the Web.

shelbyred94

Lurker
Nov 30, 2014
Kevin....I grew up with a grandfather who smoked pipes. I loved sitting with him while he smoked and smelling it. I have never smoked, but I knew one day I wanted to take up pipe smoking. I am married, have teenage boys and decided now is the time. I love everything about it....including keeping it my mouth when I am finished. My husband is supportive but wants no part of it. ....I have so much to learn and I can't wait to acquire more knowledge. I do feel I am in the minority being a woman....it is really enjoyable! Thanks for all the responses. :puffy:

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
Shelbyred, check around for a pipe club that may be in your area, in New Orleans, we have 2 female members in our club and I met one at the Jackson, Ms club meeting earlier this week...you would be surprised..there are other women pipe smokers out there

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Nothing unusual about it at all. I'm often found with an unlit pipe im my mouth. It's comforting and helps me think.

darthcider

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 24, 2014
Wales
Welcome, just join in and enjoy.

If you own a gun, a bike and have a beard, even better!

Just join the rest of us and soak up the experience.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Welcome Shelby! Both my wife and I have been smoking pipes on and off for about 30 years, and we're still actively doing it now. We're in our late 60s, early 70s, and find the company of pipe smokers interesting and educational. The folks on this site regardless of their age or background seem to be a nice bunch, and hopefully you'll enjoy being a member here, and find it educational too.

I agree with gigger, women that smoke pipes strike me as more interesting, classy, and free thinking. I for one am glad that my wife is one. :puffy:
Oh yeah, I forgot to add, my wife owns two guns that she calls hers. Charter Arms Undercover 38 special, and a Mossberg 500 12 Ga with a pistol grip. The 38 she carries when walking in the woods, in case of snakes and such, the Mossberg, for home defense.

shelbyred94

Lurker
Nov 30, 2014
I do own a gun...Glock 27 and I drive 2014 Mustang GT. Gun was a Christmas present from husband....he has been a cop for 23 years. I am smoking a churchwarden now....was thinking of getting a Savinelli (spelled right?). I like the look of some of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.