PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mithridate

Might Stick Around
Jun 12, 2018
Central Ostrobothnia, Finland
Hi all!
When I was just five-years-old, I played smoking a pipe like some old men did who I knew. I was bought a pipe by my unkle, after I promised never to put anything in it. I have kept my promise concerning that pipe, and kept out of smoking overall, but last spring I bought another pipe for a testing, and fell in love with it instantly... well, after a couple of bowls, to be honest. More serious step I took just some days ago, as I bought my first briar pipe, and now I'm starting with it carefully but merrily.
As a profession, I'm a reflexologist and a piano technician. My hobbies include reading, writing, Judo, Aikido, boxing, playing Chess and Go, and classical music. And now smoking pipes, of course!
Pleasant smoking to everyone!
P. S. If anyone is interested in correspondence Chess, please make yourselves known to me. :)

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Welcome to the forums! It's good to have you. I have played chess many times, my father taught me when I was young, but I never got really good at it. The whole knight to whatever thing always confused me and just play the way I know how. Welcome along though, and Happy Smoking!

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
Terve! We spend a few weeks each summer with my wife's parents outside of Jyväskylä. Where do you get pipe tobacco in Finland? The only places I knew about just had a few cigars.

mithridate

Might Stick Around
Jun 12, 2018
Central Ostrobothnia, Finland
I bought my pipe and some good tobacco from Tampere. There is Tampereen tupakkakauppa there. Tupakkakauppa = tobacco shop. There is one in Turku as well, and propably a couple in Helsinki. Some pipe tobaccos, like Amphora, Kilta, Clan nad McBaren can be found in R-kiosks. :) Clan I have bought myself and liked it, though I'm almost as newbie as one can be, not having opened my second pipe tobacco pack.

As of pipe makers I don't know. Googling a little gave me no results. Though I think I have sometimes read of someone who made pipes. I need to do more proper search as soon as I have more time.

jfred

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2018
Welcome to the forum, nice with fellow Scandinavians here. I visit Tampere a couple of times a year for work, and I will look up the tupakkakauppa next time :puffy:

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Welcome; glad to have you here! You'll find us crazy, friendly, & both. Just one word of warning -- watch out for the captain & crew of the Black Frigate. Theyre trouble!
Bill

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I'm some 60 miles away from the Russian borderline in the south, just planning on taking a border crossing trip and fillin' my car up with cheaper gasoline, Ps, as for the Finnish pipemakers,I hardly believe there is any existing today,

Status
Not open for further replies.