New Pipe Pics from Pauls Pipe Shop in Michigan

(22 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by smokenscotch
  • Latest reply from juni
  1. smokenscotch

smokenscotch

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I can't remember who it was on this forum but thank you, for advising me of Pauls 99th birthday celebration at Pauls Pipe shop in Flint MI. I went yesturday and purchased a few pipes. It was about an hours drive and well worth it. Paul wasn't there but his son was, and he was very friendly and helpful. It was incredible, the amount of pipes they have, these shops are far and few between. I highly recommend driving there and checking it out. Although there were some really nice Petersons, Stanwell's, etc..I thought it would be appropriate to support Pauls Pipe shop on the wonderful birthday weekend and purchase the pipes they make. The Cayuga pipe. I found 2 that I really liked, (actually the black sandblast was made in London England, then finished by them, as per the son) (buy one, get the second one for 99 cents! They may not be the best quality, but I'll tell ya, I have a nice Lorenzetti, Neerup and Peterson at home that I spent much more on than these 2 pipes, and these pipes smoke very well. I do find the draw is a little lose, however it was probably my packing. I have attached the 2 pipes that I purcased there and 1 I bought off ebay that was sold as a Big Ben Amphora. Very cheap pipe, $17.99 I believe it was. The stem is lose, however I hear Beez Wax may help this. I just love the look and feel of this Amphora. Enjoy the pics.

Posted 7 years ago #
  2. pawpaw

pawpaw

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

very cool i hope to visit that shop this summer when i go up there to see my mother

Posted 7 years ago #
  3. romeowood

romeowood

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That certainly is a boatload of pipes! Thanks for taking us on the trip with you, smokenscotch

Posted 7 years ago #
  4. briarbird

briarbird

Login to Send PM

Wow, that place is sweet! I may have to venture out of Ohio soon and on upwards very soon!

Posted 7 years ago #
  5. pufferissimo

pufferissimo

Login to Send PM

Happy birthday for Paul

Posted 7 years ago #
  6. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I love that place. Ireally wanted to go there for the sale but i've got n money

As long as I got a pipe full of baccy and a nose full of snuff, I'm a happy camper
    Cigarettes are an addiction, cigars are a hobby, pipes are a religion
    Posted 7 years ago #
  7. lonestar

lonestar

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nice ! I've never found a shop that cool.

-Ryan Alden
    Posted 7 years ago #
  8. mushjoon

mushjoon

Login to Send PM

Garr.... I live in Ann Arbor, MI, but I need a car to go there... ain't got no driving license either

Posted 7 years ago #
  9. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Id give you a ride if i lived near ann arbor. Unfortunatly I live nowhere near ann arbor

Posted 7 years ago #
  10. judcole

Jud

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Paul's is a great place.
    Mushjoon, there used to be a tobacconist called Maison Edwards in Nickel's Arcade in AA. Not as big as Paul's, for sure, but a nice little place. A tad pricey, but the whole town is! Check it out.

Thought in the early morning, solace in time of woes,
    Peace in the hush of the twilight, balm ere my eyelids close
    Rudyard Kipling
    Posted 7 years ago #
  11. mushjoon

mushjoon

Login to Send PM

I already know that place, been there, and didn't like it that much because of that goddam high price... seriously, $21 for freakin' Classic Samsun? Gotta be kiddin' me aye?

Posted 7 years ago #
  12. ejames

ejames

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Grabows!! Hunnerts of 'em!
    Looks like a great place! Why are all the good shops have to 500 miles or more from me!!??

Posted 7 years ago #
  13. shaintiques

shaintiques

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Wow thats awesome!

I know what I need, smoke, I can't recall the last time I tasted it....Gandalf in the mines of Moria.

"we shall have to share pipes, as good friends must at a pinch'....'I keep a treasure or two near my skin, as precious as rings to me. Here's one: my old wooden pipe. And here's another an unused one...He held up a small pipe with a wide flattened bowl, and handed it to Gimli. 'Does that settle the score between us', said Merry. 'Most noble hobbit, it leaves me deep in your debt."
    Posted 7 years ago #
  14. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

i have never been to pauls in flint michigan, however i did smoke with paul and his son(s) in louisville ky at pipe show many years ago. we smoked in a pipe smoking contest together. the contest was sponsered by kremers smoke shop in louisville ky. i also have a pipe, it is a britannia dragoon #5005 unsmoked ~20 years old, that paul donated to the contest. they are very nice guys, we all had fun.

happy brithday to pauls...

take care.

mike lyvers

Posted 7 years ago #
  15. fulton

fulton

Login to Send PM

I posted regarding the pipe sale and I'm so glad you made it there! I work in Ann Arbor and live a bit west of Flint, but I don't stop in as much as I'd like. I too love the Cayuga pipes - they are amazing performers. I didn't realize we had so many Michiganders here, we should plan a meetup at Paul's closer to summer when it warms up!

Cheers

- Justin

Posted 7 years ago #
  16. buckeye

buckeye

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

great pipe shop

smokin my homemade rustic pipe. don`t get any better.
    Posted 7 years ago #
  17. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Sweet shop for sure and sweet pipes you picked up for yourself there to. I love em.

Posted 7 years ago #
  18. juni

juni

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Cool! I wonder, what is an "antique pipe card holder"?

Posted 7 years ago #
  19. jpberg

jpberg

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The cards are the display panels with the pipe holders attatched. You may have heard someone say that they bought a card of cobs, or a card of old Yello bowls, etc.

Posted 7 years ago #
  20. docwatson

docwatson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks for sharing the photos of the shop. May Paul's Pipe Shop carry on tradition for generations to come. That place is like a candy store for big kids.

It's good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling---Mark Twain
    Posted 7 years ago #
  21. wildcat

wildcat

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Very cool! Thx for sharing!

For whereas men of an older school, like myself, smoke for the pleasure of smoking...
    A.A. Milne
    Posted 7 years ago #
  22. juni

juni

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've never heard anyone ever say they bought a card of bowls. You learn something new everyday.

Posted 7 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   lawdawg, gatorlope, ravkesef, laniromee, nunnster, newportpipe, k9shag, ben88, pianopuffer, cowboythunder, krizzose, prairiedruid, jpberg, jiminks