PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I've been attempting to attract my woodworking youngest brother to become interested in making a pipe. He either got fed up with the links and pics I was sending or he got bit a little, cuz, yesterday after another motivating email from moi, he went out and roughed out a bent bowl from a piece of maple....saying that he'd had a piece of Cherry saved for 20 yrs with the intent of making a pipe, and he wanted to try his hand on something less dear at first.
This a.m. he's sent me pics of a free hand cherry sitter?...all roughed out and two holes drilled...I wouldn't be surprised to see this get done within a few days. I'm impressed. He doesn't smoke. His woodworking lately has been duck decoys.
He's already said he was making this pipe for ME!...I'll get the first of many, I hope!
Almost forgot! Anybody got tips about working Cherry wood?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What a great gift from a bro'. Nice to have a sibling that's close enough to you to care. I'm grateful for

my two sibs, sisters, one older, one younger. I get nice tobacco and last Xmas two good pipes. But handmade,

ah, that's a family heirloom.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I told him that my intentions were only to interest him in the possibilities. He really didn't respond much for about a week's worth of me linking him to spectacular pipes and makers, and then bam, first thing he said was: "I'll make you a pipe"...
I'm just happy he's getting involved with pipes, even though he's a non smoker, he loves art, wood working and craftsmanship. This might turn into ongoing fun for him, too! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.