PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipedreams86

Might Stick Around
Nov 25, 2016
I am a bit limited on B&M options here in Romania, so friends and family have been kindly shipping to me from USA & UK, but I had to make a 3 hour trip today, that just so happened to coincide with the location of one of the B&Ms here...picked up a few goodies while I was there!
Got my first Savinelli which I'm excited to try out....the lighter looks like the Corona Old Boy but doesn't have the tamper, so from what I can tell online it's a Corona Classico? It wasn't marked with anything other than a price :)

pipedreams86

Might Stick Around
Nov 25, 2016
haha that's right Jay! thanks so much for all the advice, came at the perfect time as planning to break this pipe in with the FVF! hope you're enjoying the new year

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
You made some very nice choices. Good-looking pipe ... all of it!
:mrgreen: -Score!

Jun 27, 2016
I see that they're stamping "I.M. CORONA" on the front of the lighter. Never seen that before, must be due to all of the similar-looking off-brands out there.

pipedreams86

Might Stick Around
Nov 25, 2016
thanks guys! excited to start breaking in the new pipe...very happy with it and my other buys..the pipe is a Savinelli Marron Glace 128 according to the box, I had been wanting to pick up a Savinelli for a long time having read many good things about them, especially here...
@balkisobrains that's interesting about Corona stamping their name on the front of the lighter...being a newbie this is my first pipe lighter (lots of relights with matches was getting old), seems like everyone highly rated the Corona's...
hope you all are enjoying the new year so far...:)

Jun 27, 2016
You should be good to go with that lighter. I know that Dunhill, Peterson, and IMC should be safe bets if you want an Old Boy. There are a lot of off-brand old-boy style lighters out there, for better or for worse, and I guess I.M.C. felt the pressure to make sure you know what you have in a flooded market. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.