PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I’m not one to post every time I make a new purchase, but what with my dubious financial situation and a moment of weakness (not while imbibing :wink: ) I pulled the trigger on a new pipe. My loveable African Grey parrot, by the name of Brandy, that I’ve had for 15 years since she was a baby and not fully weaned took ill and was in the hospital for six days. I was finally able to bring her home today after some touch and go with her prospects that I just had to celebrate. I’ve been wishing to purchase a Neerup pipe for some time now, but as said finances and living on a pension was certainly not justifiable in doing so.
But, in my moment of human weakness, and being so damn happy to have my precious baby home with me again I just had to celebrate. This is the first relatively expensive pipe I’ve ever purchased, and in all probability the last I ever will. I don’t know, but the shape of this particular bowl, the shape of its bottom and the shank just seemed to grab me somehow. I’m not one to name pipes as it seems rather ridiculous and absurd, but I’ll make an exception this time and name this pipe Brandy. Every time I torch it up I’ll think of the day I was able to bring her home when I thought she would not survive and the great doctor and staff at the Niles animal hospital that treated her as their own with their dedicated and loveable care. Here is to Brandy and my new pipe. I should have it by Friday, or Monday at the latest and am obviously looking forward to getting it.
(Sorry for the stock photo, but my camera and photo would probably not truly convey what it looks like)
tNHxDHM.jpg

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
As an animal lover myself congratulations on Brandy's recovery! May she be a part of your life for a good while longer too. And hope you enjoy your new pipe once it arrives. It's a beauty as well!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
That's a real beauty. Everyone deserves a treat once in a while. Glad your baby is back with you. Have a double celebration. Happy Smoke Rings.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
phil67:
Lovely graining in that one, indeed.
Concerning African grey parrots, did you see the news report this week about the one who disappeared from a British owner in California? This bird, who originally spoke the King's English with a proper accent, was finally recovered (four years later), but now speaks only Spanish! Here's a link (British parrot now speaks Spanish) to the story.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What a terrific pipe, and such a fitting tribute to your dear winged friend. For anyone not familiar with gray parrots,

they are somewhat smarter than people and live for decades, about the same as people or a little longer. Like dogs

and cats (only maybe more so) they study their owners and people in their environment and know more about them

than the people know about themselves. People who have ever owned a dachshund or a Maine Coon cat will somewhat

have the idea. Good health to you and your baby for many moons.

Status
Not open for further replies.