"New" Pipe Horror Stories

(20 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by undecagon
  • Latest reply from lqjones
  1. undecagon

undecagon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

So I'll start with a mild experience. I picked up this genod at this past years Chicago show.

There was an old price sticker inside the bowl, but because I really liked the look and feel of the pipe, I sort of over looked this and planned on just peeling the thing off. Unfortunately this was a pipe he'd had around for some time, and the darned sticker would NOT come off, even w/ some help from my pocket knife. So i eventually took some Bacardi 151 and soaked the damn thing hoping it'd come off. And much of it did, except it left behind something pink. I'm not sure if this was glue residue or ink residue, but I'm sure neither one must have been very good for my health. Regardless, after many attempts to remove all the residue, I committed to just smoking the thing and it tasted friggen awful!. The 151 actually gave a bit of rum-sweetness, but whatever the pink shit was just overloaded a bitter acid that i knew was probably killing me. It took a good 6-7 bowls to wash that out of there......now it's a great pipe tho!

And now for a far worse story, that happened to a friend of mine. He bought his new pipe (not sure if it was new new or estate) and foolishly sort of bought it on a whim. Picked it up, and said I'll take it. And then even more foolishly didn't run any cleaners threw the thing or take it apart before packing. (If you're new to this here's come the big LESSON LEARNED moment....)As he started smoking he kept getting large black ash in his mouth, which we all found very odd. He also complained about how bad it was tasting, even though we were all smoking the same blend and the rest of us were enjoying greatly. So finally, after about 3 or 4 minutes of this, he decided to take the mouth piece off.....and out come running the surviving ants inside!!!!

"I said NO camels, that's FIVE camels...can't you count?!"
    AJHvibes.com
    Posted 7 years ago #
  2. marmal4de

marmal4de

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

SO FREAKING NASTY! That ants story was disgusting, thanks!

In a society that has destroyed all adventure, the only adventure left is to destroy that society.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    Posted 7 years ago #
  3. olderthandirt

OTD

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Oooh look! Ants!
    LOL, great story Anthony.

Seems the worst I've pulled, so far, had to do with a Brebbia CW that was a gurgler from hell.
    Aside from suffering through said gurgling one night, I entered into the smoke zone. Don't recall the blend but this bowl was hitting magic.
    Seated in my recliner I proceeded to lay back. Doing so the bowl elevated above my mouth and I was delivered a particularly large dose of pipe squeezin's.
    As I came up gagging and spluttering SWMBO simply grinned...

Snus, snuff and briar.
    Not much more required in a day.
    Brian from Oregon USA
    Posted 7 years ago #
  4. cortezattic

Cortez

A part of the problem since he ...

Login to Send PM

I thought that was leading up to a worm-in-the-pipe story.
    I heard that the most common pipe shapes afflicted with worms are....
    you guessed it, apples.

I find myself sitting idly on the line dividing past and future,
    as if I could kill time without injuring eternity. -- Thoreau
    Posted 7 years ago #
  5. ace57

ace57

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ants! That has to be the best story of all times. Could be the story of the year.
    What do every one think? Best of the best

U.S.M.C. (SEMPER FI)
    Posted 7 years ago #
  6. mrlblackbird

mrlblackbird

Login to Send PM

Thank you very much undecagon, I'll spend the rest of my life being paranoid about ants in my pipes

Posted 7 years ago #
  7. undecagon

undecagon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Blackbird -- your avatar is perfect for this conversation!

Posted 7 years ago #
  8. mrlblackbird

mrlblackbird

Login to Send PM

It is pretty much a freeze frame of my face when I read that horrific tale of yours

Posted 7 years ago #
  9. chestercopperpot

chestercopperpot

Login to Send PM

I once tested the draw on an old pipe I was considering in an antique shop. I got a mouth full of old ash and tobacco, and probably other nasty bits. I don't do that anymore.

Posted 7 years ago #
  10. aussielass

aussielass

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Tip for new players: DO NOT buy those cheap, shitty $15 mass produced Meershams on eBay just to see if you like pipe smoking before buying real pipes!

Why? Because the damn things will wait until you're blissfully sipping hands free on your 8th - 10th bowl, sitting there just puffing away, when all of a sudden the nasty little plastic stem is all that will be left in your mouth - the bowl of burning embers would've snapped free from the stem without even being touched, tumbled down your chest, spilling burning baccy all over your man-boobs and come to rest in your lap, the balance of the baccie singeing your pink bits!

If you wish to take this risk, then I can only recommend you take it in winter when you are clothed!

Stats: Female "Proud Pretty Pipe" Smoker, lover of all things aromatic, especially mens' armpits!
    Technophobic fool who can't work out how to invite friends, so if you want to be mates with moi, you'll need to do the legwork involved, but only if you have a great SOH and don't dump on others!
    Posted 7 years ago #
  11. markw4mms

markw4mms

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

@aussielass... OUCH!

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin
    Posted 7 years ago #
  12. hauntedmyst

hauntedmyst

Resident Comedian

Login to Send PM

Its inconceivable to me that ant's survived the pipe making process! Short of someone sucking up an intestinal parasite through the mouth piece, we have a winner.

A tattoo on a beautiful woman is like graffiti on a Ferrari.
    Posted 7 years ago #
  13. escioe

escioe

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hate to bump an old thread, but I realized that undecagon is a friend of a friend and that I was present for the ant story. We were in the tent at Chicago and this old codger from the Seattle group was sitting with us. My pal lit the pipe, as described, took a few puffs, spit out the ash, etc. One of the ashes started crawling away. He set the pipe down, reached inside his coat, and lit a cigarette with a trembling hand. The codger says: 'I been smoking a pipe for sixty years and never saw nothin like that.'

Posted 5 years ago #
  14. petes03

petes03

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Wow, that ant story reminds me of a yellow jacket infested Mountain Dew can I drank out of when I was a kid!

As far as a pipe horror story, I don't really have one, but I did have a similar experience to the price sticker story. I bought a Peterson Dracula a few months back, which had some black stain in the bowl. It took several bowls to smoke it out, and the taste was terrible! It's a great smoker now though.

Posted 5 years ago #
  15. sablebrush52

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings

Login to Send PM

the bowl of burning embers would've snapped free from the stem without even being touched, tumbled down your chest, spilling burning baccy all over your man-boobs and come to rest in your lap, the balance of the baccie singeing your pink bits!

ROTFLMAO!

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

It is pointless to argue with a fanatic since a dim bulb can't be converted into a searchlight. - Jesse Silver
    Posted 5 years ago #
  16. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I can't match the ant story. The worst I've had with a new pipe was a beautiful 1/8 bent Dublin, pretty trim
    pipe, that could not take a pipe cleaner without keeping wisps and balls of pipe cleaner fluff. I tried and tried
    with that pipe, and finally traded it off. By comparison, I have recently bought a Peterson Belgique zulu Group 1,
    a tiny bowl pipe. It accepts a pipe cleaner smooth as glass. Care in design and quality control.

The other disappointment was a Sav that gave me "flavor" with the no-filter adaptor. Again, I thought it would
    fade, but it never did. It was a nice chunky little bulldog, but never tasted right. So farewell to that one too.
    No regrets. Wouldn't want either one back.

Posted 5 years ago #
  17. zack24

zack24

Mod

Login to Send PM

I always check the draw on the pipes I make several times as I'm cutting and adjusting the stems...There's nothing worse than sucking in on a stem and getting a big ole mouthful of ebonite dust...

Posted 5 years ago #
  18. lqjones

lqjones

Login to Send PM

I thought the guy was going to say he had been smoking a dead mouse. Still horrific. Makes me want to chunk just thinking about it because one time I ate a couple of handfuls of xmas popcorn from those big tins before I realized I was eating tons of ants in the popcorn. Tasted kind of perique like.

Posted 5 years ago #
  19. sablebrush52

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings

Login to Send PM

Tasted kind of perique like.

Well, that's it for me and perique...

Posted 5 years ago #
  20. lqjones

lqjones

Login to Send PM

LOL to the above poster! Sorry to ruin perique for you.

Posted 5 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   judcole