PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pipebuddy

Good morning all!
I'm pipebuddy and I currently live in Ottawa.
I've been smoking a pipe for nearly 30 years now and enjoy Burleys, VA/PER, VA/BU, some Latakias and a few aromatics.
I'm pretty glad to join the forum's posse. :lol:

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Welcome aboard. There have been a number of forum members from Ottawa over the years, although most of them seem to be on some sort of hiatus at the moment.
I'm in Ajax. If you ever get down this way, toss me a PM, our pipe club meets monthly. We're also holding a end of summer pipe celebration at Michael Parks' studio on September 12th, and would love to see you there if you can make the trip.
I look forward to your posts.
-- Pat

P

pipebuddy

As I can't edit my OP...
Just wanted to tell you all that, actually, I was a member of the forum until last February. My avatar was junkyarddawg.
I quit the forum and asked for my account to be deleted, based on a trivial motive.
But I've been missing a lot of the folks here since then, and decided to come back.
So I sure hope that it's cool with you guys (and the Admin team).

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Welcome to the forum!

Is Ottawa in Canada! lol

Just kidding

I'm in Red Deer, Alberta

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Well I know Saskatoon is in Canada I used to live in LaRonge and made the pilgrimage numerous times with She who must be obeyed to shop. lol...

Nice to see a pipe smoker from Saskatchewan.

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
Welcome back pipebuddy.
This appears to have turned into a cross country shout out so I better add from Vancouver Island, BC

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome back! I really value Forums for information. I've been put onto various blends I might never have tried. Generously forwarded samples and an elegant English pipe. All manner of info available here, much of it factual, but also trends, historical notes, astute opinions even when I don't agree, and much more. Glad you're back to participate.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Claude, what's happenin' buddy!!! I was wondering what happened to you as i haven't seen the 'ol dawg posts in quite a while now. I figured you were part of the mass exodus/reaping of a lot of the great contributing forum members a while back, but wasn't sure as i am still not sure what all that mess actually was about and what triggered it. Oh well, good to have you back man, hope all is well with you and your family!

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
Well I know Saskatoon is in Canada I used to live in LaRonge and made the pilgrimage numerous times with She who must be obeyed to shop. lol...

Nice to see a pipe smoker from Saskatchewan.
There's at least two more of us likely even more! I'll let the other Saskies out themselves if they so choose. I was thinking the other day we should really start a Northern Free Trade Agreement, some sort of repository of blends each of us are willing to barter with. I know I have 25g of this or that which I opened up and found lacking which I would happy to pass on to someone who may enjoy it more!

Status
Not open for further replies.