PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolt

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
I've been looking at this one since yesterday and finally decided today it had to be mine...all mine! It has ample space for my baccy(1 3/4") bowl depth and is 7" long. A new 4 star Ferndown that will no doubt be a great and long smoker. And I have plenty of one a couple of my favorites(Autumn Evening and Louisiana Red) to try it out. I'm excited and can't wait for it's arrival.
L_2.jpg

L_2_f.jpg

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Congrats on pulling the trigger.
She doesn't tickly my fancy but I'm a quirky fella for sure.
If there was about... 16 more panels on the thing it might be something I'd see myself smoking.
Been hearing a lot of good things about Louisiana Red... I'll grab the stuff eventually.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
I got it from Pipes2smoke.com. Spartan, Louisiana Red is some kind of good. You need to try it.
If there was about... 16 more panels on the thing it might be something I'd see myself smoking.
Are you familiar with HK Pistols? The have a model called the P30 that has interchangeable panels. I think you can add/subtract from the Ferndown just like the HK depending on your needs. :D

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
It's a new style for me too but, I kind of like it...gives me something to hold on to.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Very nice colcolt, congrats!
Regarding the panels, seems like I read somewhere once that they cause the pipe to burn cooler by fragmenting the heat...don't know if that's true or not.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Congrats buddy, that is sure to be a great smoker and it is a beauty. If I hadn't won an auction yesterday, I was going to pull the trigger on that exact one. I predict that will not be your last Ferndown.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
As you can see from the photos there's plenty of wood around the chamber. I think that along with quality briar should make it a cool smoker. Yep, Harris, I figured you would probably ponce on that one and I'd best get it while the getting was good!

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
Thursday is my dogs birthday(8 years old) and I know of no better way to celebrate than to pick him up a steak and afterwards the two of us go out on the deck, give him a little strawberries and Cool Whip and fire up the Ferndown. Yep, that's the ticket.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Wow, that is a beauty alright. I love the looks of a panel, that is like diamond faceted. Unique! Congrats on your purchase!

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
I'd say with five or six you probably like them, Dave. I'm sure I will also. Thanks for the congrats all. I have to say, Harris was behind it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.