PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
until the holidays, unless I buy another before then. :wink:
I’ve had my eye on this Ebony Peterson Standard System Pipe (302 Fishtail) for several days now and finally pressed the “Enter” key this morning. I called smokingpipes yesterday morning and ask many questions about the Peterson numbering system for their “System” pipes. I apologize for forgetting the lady’s name because she was most helpful and patient. I appreciate the staff at smokingpipes for listing all the measurements for each pipe they post for sale.
peterson-system-standard-ebony-302-fishtail.jpg

This is my first system pipe and once it arrives, it will also be my first time to try Peterson’s Old Dublin.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Very nice pipe, and do you have the tuxedo and an event to attend whilst puffing this Dress Pipe?

All kidding aside, congrats on a fine Peterson.

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Thanks all! I'm really looking forward to getting to know this pipe.
Another first, I forgot to mention, is this is my first online purchase of a bent pipe. I said in this thread a couple of weeks ago that
The pipe cleaner test is important enough for me that I don't buy bent pipes online because they can't be tested. Every bent pipe I own, I touched, took apart, inspected, and tested before buying.
This pipe was an exception to my rule because of the Peterson System. I don’t think any system pipe will pass the “pipe cleaner test” because of its engineering.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
That really is a swell looking Pete...! Some of the Peterson's require a longer break in, or so I've been advised by others, which is something I take their word on, since it's been a very long time since I smoked a Briar. I've always liked the Peterson shapes and that one is a classic. Good for you!

jaybird

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2011
I have to stop visiting this forum, every time I do I suffering a bout of pipe envy...

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Simply stunning. Ebony Petersons are my weakness. Now if I could just get one without SWMBO knowing...
-Jason

mukihr

Might Stick Around
Jun 27, 2011
what a nice pipe.... :) really something..!...

hope she will give you a lot of long cool smokes :) regards

daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.