PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vkimp

Lurker
Feb 1, 2010
Thanks the laminstions of bleeding heart and australian blood wood by the stem was the hard part.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
Vkimp, do you use a pipe kit or go from scratch? I'm still trying to talk my wife into buying me a lathe and motor for a french wheel. I have carved a few pipes out of walnut, pear, cherry, and briar. Slow go with files and a dremel. The pipe looks great no matter the case, look forward to hearing more from you.

fhb2532

Lifer
Feb 22, 2010
I'm drooling over the picture of your pipe thankgoodness I'm not there in person, you would have a flood watch. BEAUTIFUL!!!

vkimp

Lurker
Feb 1, 2010
I use a dremel and sand paper. The trick is I have a diamond stone for it. I cuts through briar like butter. Sand down to 600 grit. Then polish with wax with a weel on a drill. You will see more> I went nuts and bough 10 briar blocks.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Beautiful Vkimp, and unique.

How long did it take you to produce, this one, and (the obvious question) what are you calling the shape?

ghost45

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2010
That is really nice. You should be very proud of yourself.

Are you going to sell any of your creations?

vkimp

Lurker
Feb 1, 2010
Never thought about selling them. havent smoked it yet. That will tell if it's any good. Could just be a good looking turd!!! We all bought a pipe like that!!!

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
I love the thin bit. Did you do the bit from rod or was it precast?

vkimp

Lurker
Feb 1, 2010
just rufed out one for my son. Full bent this time. I have to make one for him, he's 25 now , and said Dad it my turn now LOL

ghost45

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2010
I don't understand?
379857382.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.