Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently got a Peterson 150 FT and looking at it I am confused.
I was expecting this -

Aran-150F.jpg

But got this -

small_peterson_aron_pipe_150.gif

Help me out here guys.
Chris

Jul 15, 2011
Are both of these photos from retailer sites, or did you take one of them? If they did come from retailer sites, which site is each pic from? In any case, if you're not happy with it, provided that you purchased it from a reputable vendor, you should be able to return it unsmoked, no questions asked. At first glance, it really looked like the only difference was the exclusion of the band, but in the second pic it almost looks like the bowl is a little more narrow and a little taller. Am I correct in assuming this or do my eyes deceive me?

Jul 15, 2011
Looking at the differences between a Shannon and an Aran, I'd be willing to bet that scenario is a safe assumption. I would check with the vendor and see if they offer returns so you can get the right pipe. If the vendor isn't willing to correct the problem, you could always contact the Peterson factory directly and see if they would be willing to swap it out for you. From what I have been told the folks at the Peterson factory are great to deal with and always willing to help where they can, provided that the pipe hasn't been smoked yet of course.

The pipe is still unsmoked, just got it yesterday. I've emailed my vendor for a clarification if they are not willing to help I will contact Peterson and send them the pipe if they are willing to swap it.
I forgot to mention that the non band one costs around $67 and the band one is around $85-$125 range.
Cheers,

Chris

Jul 15, 2011
Seeing as how there is a price difference between the two, if you paid the higher price to have the band, I would be a little upset if I were you. As I said, if the vendor isn't willing to help, the Peterson factory should be able to help you out. If the band is the only thing that matters to you, Peterson might even let you send the pipe to them and they could slap a band on for minimal cost, maybe even nothing if they are sympathetic to your plight. Let us know how it all turns out. It's a good looking pipe, I acquired a Peterson Army Mount that I almost literally stole from a friend and I LOVE that pipe.

allenz

Lurker
Feb 14, 2013
As far as I know, only US Arans have that nickel band. The rest of the world has the other version.

The pipe is still a Peterson and should still smoke great.

Jul 15, 2011
As far as I know, only US Arans have that nickel band. The rest of the world has the other version.
Didn't know that Peterson models differed from country to country. Peterson supplies their pipes to retailers around the world so I would have thought that all of them would be available provided that the vendor was willing to carry them. Hmmmmm. Knowing that, the Peterson factory might not be the way to go if it's a matter of availability in your area. They would probably be willing to help if it was an honest mistake on the part of the vendor but if it's a pipe that's not available in your area it's hard to say what they can do, if anything. Might be worth it to contact them, though, just to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.