PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
i have one from 2010 which is nice. i assume your talking about the 2012 line? personally, i think you'll be hard pressed to find a new peterson that isnt nice

checotah

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2012
I like mine. Enjoyed some FM in it couple nights back. Will likely buy the 2013 when it comes out.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
New Petersons have a very high rate of flawed pipes that make it through, my biggest problem is with their metal band, they are almost always cut wrong so that they deeply gouge the vulcanite stem. I've also had ones come with chunks of the bowel missing (looked chewed off) and with the metal band not even there, (but glue where it was supposed to go). After returning 3/4's of the ones I recieve, I've decided that it would cost exactly the same to get a nicer pipe than to pay for all the shipping of returns. The only Peterson's I'm buying are the estates, I actually trust them more than the new ones.

brassonly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2012
I just got 2 of the 2012 St.Patricks Day Pipes recently & they are both great pipes & beautifully finished.

Aug 1, 2012
My wife got me a Christmas pipe from Peterson last week for a (really) early anniversary present. Apart from a little stain bleed onto the ring, it is nicely finished. Not the highest quality pipe but good for around $60. It smokes well so far and, to me, that's what matters most. The St. Patric's day pipes are a bit more pricey so I would expect them to be a bit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.