PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
For years I've used a Comoy Guildhall - since I'm an occasional puffer, I didn't see the need to own more than one pipe. Times have changed. I now own a Kapet 03 - for camping, a Killarney Red 69 - absolutely beautiful, an Irish Sea 69 - in honor of my grandfather. Just ordered a Kildare 999. Wanted a Shannon 999 but they are on a 12 week backorder, and I'm making up for lost time.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Welcome plateauguy. I have only 3 Petersons, but they're all treating me very well. :puffy:
p.s.

We love photos here at pipesmagazine! If you have any of your pipes, please feel free to share.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Welcome plateauguy!
I'm a Pete fan also. In my little Peterson collection I have 6 systems pipes, A lovat, bent bulldog, Canadian and a straight billard. They are all great smokers and I love the lore and history behind this famous Irish marquee.
I'll echo six: We love pipe pics around here!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Petes are solid, dependable pipes. I have two B11 bent brandies, a Shannon and a Killarney ebony; an Around the World bent bulldog s08 commemorating

Ireland; a Killarney 999 bent Rhodesian; and a Kapet author. I always look forward to smoking my Petersons.

lildutchboy

Lurker
Dec 1, 2012
My only pete, is coincidentally:
z0LVW.jpg

JtdNr.jpg

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Nice collection.
I'm a Pete Nut myslef. I have eight in my arsenal right now. Two 106 straight billiards, Killarney and Dalkey. In the Aran finish I have a 268 Zulu, an 05 full bent Dublin, and a B5 bulldog. I have two Pipe of the Year the 2011 panelled bent brandy rusticated and the 2012 saddle bit pot/diplomat smooth. My most recent Pete is the Dracula 03 full bent apple.
They're good smokers at a good price. Enjoy!

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Huge Peterson fan here, this is my latest rack at my girlfriends place. It was needed, lol
DSC_0438-1_zps4e4f1a71.jpg

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
Beautiful pipe Dutch.... Although I think I may be going insane...
I love the grain of that beautiful pipe of yours and while admiring the second picture the grain looked to be zombies!!! Weird ink blot test stuff right there but with wood grain.
All of a sudden I am hungry.... B...B...Brains!!!!!
:rofl:

lildutchboy

Lurker
Dec 1, 2012
redbeard: I always thought they looked ghostly. I love how it has two different styles of grain. I love the look of it but it smokes really wet but it's not broken in yet. I'm a really slow smoker.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Lildutch - I have a similar thread going on about how I can't keep my new Pete lit. Roth, Ol Cajun and some others suggested drying the tobacco for a bit. I tried that and it helped. I didn't get through a whole bowl, but it definitely helped.
Apparently Pete's take a while to break in

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
yazamitaz, it must vary with the pipe. All five of my Petes were easy break-ins. The only one that took a little longer was

the Kapet author, but it always lit right up. It just took a while to get the carbon evenly coating the bowl for that optimal

smooth great tasting smoke, which all my Petes now offer. I'll have to say, the easiest and quickest were the two B11

bent brandies. I know this is not the flashiest shape in the Peterson line-up, but they are handsome and perfect smokes,

for me.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Since I'm an occasional puffer, the break-in on my pipes is going slowly. When I bought the Kapet I was told it would be a slow break-in (5-6 smokes minimum.

Coalsmoke: I envy your Harp 999 - maybe someday.

brassonly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2012
I love my Petersons , very nice pipes, great smokers. You can't go wrong with a Pete.

john218

Part of the Furniture Now
May 5, 2012
Connecticut
Welcome to the forum, plateauguy.
I have a Kildare and a Shannon, which is a pre republic Peterson second. The Shannon is my favorite of the two; it's a nice smoking pipe and has very nice briar.
Sounds like you're on your way to being a big Peterson fan.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I just received my Kildare 999 - so far it's my favorite. Had my first bowl last night - Tinderbox Sunset.
I've read that a lot of people have gotten poor quality Petersons - each of mine have been outstanding except the Kapet, which is fine since it's for camping and was very inexpensive.
I usually get a FT but the Kildare is a PT. Took a few minutes to figure out how to smoke it with out it going up my nose while I was puffing, but as soon as I got the knack I liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.