Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmaus

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2010
My new Peterson system 306 arrived today from smokingpipes.com. I smoked a bowl to start breaking it in. The P-lip is definitely different to get used to but I think I will like it. I have a bunch of Boswell samples I am working on that I received yesterday. With the pipe came a tin of Low Country Cooper and some Bob's Chocolate Flake both of which are new to me. So I have a lot of taste testing to do! :D

PetersonSystem306_480x319-1.jpg

oldmaus

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2010
Fun "work" it will be!! I thought I intercepted the post but evidently not. I had not put the picture in and got trigger happy. I have now posted with the picture if one of you moderators care to merge or delete the "picture less" submission please do.
Edit: It's fixed! Bubba

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
That's one fine looking pipe! I have a 306 estate on the way. Been wanting one for a long time. ENJOY!!

oldmaus

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2010
I really like the "sitter" part! :D

I smoked a full bowl in it so far. This is the first pipe I am breaking in so I am not quite sure what I am doing. I am just smoking as usual and trying to keep it cool as I do. I may swab a little honey in the bowl for the next load. I have hundreds of pounds of honey available since I am a beekeeper.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
The main thing is to smoke slow and cool while breaking the pipe in. I don't do the partial bowl thing any more , but then i have been breaking in pipes for over 40 years.

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Nice,...very nice. As Uncle Arthur says; smoke slowly at first.

I tried my first one not too long ago and I have to say that I really like the system pipes, they work.

When you pull the stem after a smoke you can see the "wet" down in the chamber.

Congrats!

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
Be sure to clean the sump with a Q-tip on pipe cleaner after each smoke.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I love my newly acquired Peterson as well...that dang gone Chuck and unclearthur kept mentioning them over and over till I bought one. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.