PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Here is my new acquisition. I have eyed this pipe for months on Briar Blues site, but it was a bit out of my price range. However, I did some extra work and asked him to hold it for me till I got paid. I love Petersons. This makes number 9 for me and I haven't seen but a few of the freehand models. This one is unsmoked and the grain is amazing. Also it is huge. The bowl diameter is 1 inch and the bowl depth is 2.25 inches. I also love that it is a Plip as they are great for clenching. Also it was very nice of Mike to send it in an oversized pipe bag. I store all my vulcanite pipes in their pipe socks and this one didn't have one in the listing. It came today and It really is a beautiful pipe. Also the bowl has not been precarbed which is often the case with Petes and I prefer it that way. I will be breaking it in with Fribourg and Treyer's Cut Virginia Plug.

Here is a pic.

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
Very nice pipe indeed, am I wrong in saying that the Peterson's FreeHands are rare (especially in unsmoked condition) as they no longer make them FreeHand?
But yeah what a sweet grain, very nice, have fun popping her cherry....

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
Very nice freehand! And yes, I agree that the P-lip is a great touch. The grain is almost identical to a BenWade/Nording second that I have. I am sure it will smoke like a champ.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Wonderful looking pipe. I love a big bowl pipe. I am surprised how few of them are available. Seems like such a waste to see massive walled pipes and then bored with small diameters. Congratulations on the fine score, Dave!

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
THat is awesome Dave. Very beautiful pipe. Congrats on your new Pete and I hope it smokes great for you.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Beautiful Peterson "Plato"! I've got one and it is reserved for Sunday mornings; usually with Dunhill Early Morning Pipe.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Well it is no longer unsmoked. And what a great smoker it is. Here is a pic of the Innaugural smoke. And from the pic you can really tell how big this is.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Dave that is an absolutely magnificent pipe, and you truly look like a man who is enjoying a great smoke. May you have many happy hours together.

gregprince

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2014
Lovely pipe there. I tend to be a British classic sort of guy, but I also love those freehands. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.