PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
I was sitting at my desk this morning, filling my pipe with Peterson Irish Whiskey, when the can slipped off my lap and onto the floor, spilling a fair amount of tobacco.
Well, I certainly wasn't going to allow quality tobacco to go to waste, so I gathered up as much as I could and put it back in the tin, but found that I now had quite a bit of very fine cat hair mixed in with it (apparently our carpeting is made primarily from the hair of our perpetually shedding two cats).
So I picked out as much as I could, but that stuff is very fine and hard to see, so I'm sure I now have a new blend of (as the tin says) "Tobacco leaf from Africa, Brazil, India and Italy," now additionally laced with American domestic cat hair (ready-rubbed).
I'll let you know how it smokes (if I survive). :puffy:

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Heh. We've got 7 cats... and they lovingly garnish nearly everything we own with cat hair. One of the cats is fairly neurotic (which is a great improvement from borderline psychotic when we got her...) and has her own room, so I keep my smoking gear in that room to minimize cross-contamination. :D

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Get ready to puke. Burning hair in joints seems to have this effect. This is why I'd simply chuck the baccy, weed on the other hand you try to salvage as it's a lot more costly.

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
"I'd simply chuck the baccy, weed on the other hand you try to salvage as it's a lot more costly."
Actually, in this state, with 95% tax on tobacco, and more liberal attitudes towards weed, my tobacco is more precious. Besides, as I found out in my much more young and slightly more foolish days, the other stuff just gives me a headache.
In a day or two I'll get up the nerve to smoke the new blend, which Bradley ("oldcajun") has christened "The Cat's Meow," and report back (if I survive).

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Peterson Irish Whisky is exquisite, one of the great aro blends that will never let you down. Cat hair

will have no more effect on it than an Irish breeze. I'm sure I've tried this blend, having three feline

supervisors to contend with and obey. You can comb out the equivalent of a whole new cat with one

of those grooming combs that thins the hair, and the cat barely shows the loss. They process protein

like little blast furnaces. Always amazing animals. My resident faculty, always teaching something.

I recommend rescue cats, and if you can find them, rescue cats with Maine Coon traits. They are

companionable as dogs, patient, affectionate, and humorous. But enough cat jabber.

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
I've come to the conclusion that our cats' hair is not actually physically attached to their bodies, but rather floats along with them, attracted by a weak static electric field, that is broken by the slightest motion near or to their bodies. I have taken enough hair off the cats with one of those grooming combs/brushes to build a yurt, and yet magically the same or more amount of hair remains on the animal, just daring you to try to eliminate it.
By the way, the most effective tool for making any hair removal progress that I've found is a "roller" with scotch-type sticky tape, sold by Amazon, among others, under the name of "Evercare Giant Lint Roller." The sheets pick up immense amounts of hair; you then remove one and the next sheet is ready for action. Good on clothes, too.
As for smoking my "Cat's Meow" blend, I think I'll fortify myself with some of the bottled version of Irish Whiskey before attempting it.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Besides, as I found out in my much more young and slightly more foolish days, the other stuff just gives me a headache.
Lol 4 dot, the stuff now is like 17% thc content which is the active ingredient that gets you high, back in the day it was like 5% maybe. You could get a prescription now probably for headaches in the US to use it legally. Frankly though, the tobacco pipe has helped me cut down my consumption of weed from about 3 times a day to maybe 2 times a week now. Maybe I'm just getting old, but sometimes it seems unproductive to sit on the couch paralized and too paranoid to leave the house. Back them apparantly it was mostly stems and leaf you'd buy, now it's pure buds which are the part of the plant that has the active ingredients mainly.
Fortified with irish whisky and smoking cat hair, can you please upload a video of it? Lol.

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
BREAKTHROUGH!! HOW TO REMOVE CAT HAIR FROM TOBACCO
Well, after writing about my cats' hair not actually being physically attached to them, but being attracted by static electricity, I had a thought -- perhaps the same principle could be used to extract the hair from my Peterson Irish Whiskey blend.
You know those styrofoam "peanuts" that you get when you order pipes/tobaccos? You know how they've got so much static electricity you can't get them off your fingers into the trash basket?
Well, just take one of those little things, and gently wave it over your tin of cat hair-contaminated tobacco -- watch the cat hair magically rise from the tin and adhere to the "peanut." Problem solved!
Now to light up and enjoy my once-again-pure tobacco. :puffy:

Reactions: Pipewizard420

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Well, just take one of those little things, and gently wave it over your tin of cat hair-contaminated tobacco -- watch the cat hair magically rise from the tin and adhere to the "peanut." Problem solved!
Now to light up and enjoy my once-again-pure tobacco.
Good job, I would not smoke any form of hair. It is really really nasty, like incredibly nasty.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Glad you were able to solve the problem...I was going to say you might need hair-of-the-dog to cure any distressing after-effects of smoking that blend.

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
An N-scale train and an O-scale cat - no contest!
I have an N-scale layout, and one day one of my 16-pound cats jumped up on the layout and ran down the main street of one of the towns - Oh, how I wished I had had a video camera - "Giant Cat Terrorizes Small Canadian Town" Fortunately, no damage done.

Status
Not open for further replies.