PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drennan

Can't Leave
Mar 30, 2014
Normandy
I've just received a Peterson I bought off ebay last week, a sterling silver 80s.
_57_zps38caa78c.jpg

A little bit of birds eye on both sides of the bowl
b_zpsd7b04ac5.jpg

a_zps4dbe7414.jpg

This is a special pipe as it has a hallmark from 1978 which just happens to be my birth year. I know Petersons where a little bit casual with hallmarked bands but so what, to me it's a 1978 pipe. I'm going to wait till my birthday before I fire her up for the first time.

marine33

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2014
Dude thats awesome! Hope your birthday isnt too far away let us kmow how it smokes.

birddog

Lurker
May 25, 2014
Very nice looking pipe. I eventually wanna get a Peterson. Sherlock Holmes style.

sidious

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 30, 2014
1978 is my birth year as well and my birthday is coming up next month. You've got yourself a great looking pipe. I'm sure it will be an excellent birthday smoke!

gregprince

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2014
Congratulations on a great looking pipe. I have a very similar one, a few years older and a wonderful little pipe. Enjoy.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Really nice pipe. I still have not acquired a bulldog yet. Someday I'll find one I really like for the right price. One like yours would be one I would like to own. Good choice.

drennan

Can't Leave
Mar 30, 2014
Normandy
Cheers guys.
I've got to wait another 10 days before I can fire her up, not sure what to smoke just yet :puffpipe:

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Very nice! I have one Peterson I obtained in a trade. A small 317 w/P-Lip. I want something like a 313 I think. I need to study up and see what the hallmark would look like for my birth year(1956).
Enjoy the pipe. The wait will make it special!

judd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2014
I have a Peterson Flame Grain 80s and the hallmark is right in the bend of the band and I am unable to make it out.

So I don't have a clue when it was made.

drennan

Can't Leave
Mar 30, 2014
Normandy
I have a Peterson Flame Grain 80s and the hallmark is right in the bend of the band and I am unable to make it out.

So I don't have a clue when it was made.
Breathing/blowing on the hallmark can make it stand out, I presume it's the water vapor in your breath. Failing that a bit of greaseproof paper over the top of the hallmark and using a soft pencil to make a rubbing of the hallmark can sometimes help.

Status
Not open for further replies.