PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I just placed a mail order with LJ Peretti for 8 oz tins of each of the following:
1. Park Square
2. British Blend
3. Century
4. Oxford Flake
I already have tins of Tashkent, Cuban Mixture, Omega and Royal Blend put away.
Any thought on the 4 new ones above? Recommendations as to which Peretti blends to try after this?

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
peck - Cuban is still in the wings, and OxfordF and PkSquare don't make the cut. But then Perique-heavy blends don't suit me, so even the vaunted and HTF Magnolia Ave misses (my) boat too. I'm still trying to differentiate among a number of McClelland blends and OxfordF. Maybe I just haven't hit upon the right pipe pairing. But the rest, yes - all ensconced in the Top200 Cellar. Because of my Periquophobia, my Cellar won't do Per-lovers any good.
hp

les
Thinking still about Midnight too.

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
Last time I was in Boston, I bought 2 oz of Park Square and Oxford Flake each. I like them both and will probably buy those blends again when I am in Boston again but they didn't change the world for me.
I would say, though, that London Flake and Dundee are also both good tobaccos. Trusting my memory, London Flake is a VaPer flake and Dundee is a VaPer with cigar leaf but I would double check the website to verify that info.

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
Park Square is my next 8 oz purchase when I hit Boston next month. I hear its a great VaPer blended from high-quality tobaccos. I REALLY enjoy their 1072.

drrock

Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
Park Square is terrific. In the next few weeks they'll most likely be bringing out their Thanksgiving Day, which is definitely worth trying.

If you like aromatics, I think Ebony, Blend 432, and Coffee Blend are also well worth your while.

Have you tried the Cuban Mixture yet? I think it's one of the most complex pipe tobaccos I've ever had.

stbruno70

Jul 9, 2013
I have been buying from Peretti's for decades. A fine old line shop.
Park Square is a tasty vaper, and if you want a vaper flake try the London Flake.
The Oxford flake is a fine blend of VAs and ages well. I have some cellared and awaiting the right moment.
Their strongest flake is the Scottish, as black as obsidian.

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
I also agree with drrock, 432 and Ebony are terrific aros. Both of which are in my permanent rotation.

fishingandpipes

Aug 24, 2013
1072. 333 is a classic cube cut burley and I believe what they sell the most of, unless it's BPC instead, another cube cut burley. It seems no one ever mentions Somerset Slices, it's fantastic. And Dundee.
Those would be the must-tries from my point of view outside of what you've already ordered.

Dec 24, 2012
The order I described above came in and today I place another order for an 8 oz tin of each of the following:
1. Tashkent
2. Oriental 40
3. Smith's Own
4. Omega
I am really digging the Peretti blends (though I am nervous about those paint cans)

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
I'm currently on the "T", going through Boston. Came up to see the big parade tomorrow. Before I leave, I'll stop by Peretti's, and get 8 oz of Park Square!

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I just smoked the last of the Oriental that Prussia sent me some time ago. The stuff seemed to mellow to perfection in just a bag. I can't imagine how yummy it would be if stored properly

Status
Not open for further replies.