PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Having a small elevated concrete patio left us little room with a 6'x4' table and six chairs to maneuver around. So we sold our very comfy patio set leaving me with nowhere to relax and smoke. I finally put in the work and crafted/assembled one that is not only functional but was about the same price as the last one and more attractive to look at.
Using the end of a cable spool (after sanding, staining and weatherproofing), a Singer sewing machine stand and four metal chairs I have completed my finest project. It is good to have a place to sit and smoke at after a month of uncomfortably sitting on the concrete stoop because the camping chairs fell apart.
image12-600x582.jpg

image13-600x450.jpg

Christened it with some PS BLF in my Savinelli Oscar.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
That's good upcycling right there. Enjoy, every pipe smoker needs a place to sit and enjoy this hobby properly.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Finished it just in time for the fall semester. More days and evenings on the patio smoking something while doing my readings for class.

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
Good job. Who wouldn't want to join the conversation at that table.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Very nice work. Looks like it would be a lot of fun to sit around the table, smoke a pipe, and just engage in pleasant conversation.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Thanks everyone, I'm pleased you all like it. I had a couple people tell me I should make more and sell them. I may just do that, add onto my already other private "business" endeavors which are turning a nice profit with Halloween approaching.

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Great work. I love the art of repurposing, lol. I would use the sewing peddle as a foot rest. Even with the holes it's a very nice table, a lot of character.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I prefer making things myself if I can. I do woodwork and I always make my own Halloween costume and decorations, which I now make some money off of selling my work.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Great job bro. We made a similar table in college but just "squared" the bottom of the spool, then sanded, stained, and polyurethaned. Yours is FANTASTIC. I love theSinger sewing machine addition. I hope you enjoy many great smokes at your table

Status
Not open for further replies.