PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
Interesting. Four new Orlik blends just popped up in the smokingpipes newsletter. They are Club Mixture, Golden Mixture, Mellow Mixture, and Racing Green. New grist for the mill. They appear to be all aromatics.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/brand/40/orlik-tobacco-company-a-s
They aren't new they're just starting to distribute them in america, I remember Russ talking about how they were trying to get them distributed in the US. They have alot of blends that aren't over here.

theediabeticman

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2014
I have 6 100g Tins of Mellow at home - haven't popped it yet...bought them b/c i paid less than $10 a tin

I always give the English Aromatics a shot b/c they tend to be "easier" on the Aro side

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Both Dark Strong Kentucky and Brown Sliced are completely out of production and the order volume isn't high enough to bring it back, I've been told.
Russ

dirtydex

Might Stick Around
May 14, 2011
That is unfortunate. Dark Strong Kentucky is #1 on my list of rare tobaccos that I need to try.

theediabeticman

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2014
If Brown Sliced and Dark Kentucky were made available here I dare say many "sure" blends would feel it in their pocket books. Still sad they're a done blend

Side Note - Peter Heinrichs Dark Strong is NOT Dark Kentucky...similar yes...the same nope not a bit
Finally I saw the Smoking Pipes Email and decided to go home and pop one of my Mellow Mix tins...meh...first impression was "meh" (smoked in a cob)

Status
Not open for further replies.