PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Finally acquired a new job that I have been after for a while. In between jobs the wife and I are taking a trip to New Orleans to celebrate. Any tips for the piper as to any tobacco related shops that I should check out?

B

ruger414

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 25, 2014
United States
Have fun, pipebow! We had a pretty lengthy discussion about New Orleans here a few weeks ago, I'll attach the link to that thread. It's got a whole bunch of great restaurant and tobacconist suggestions.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/nawlins
Congratulations, it's a well deserved vacation!

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Ruger, I went through that thread a few times as it was going. I glanced through it all again. Unless I'm missing something I only saw one cigar/pipe shop recommended in that thread. Lots of good food ideas, but we have an advantage to that side. A couple of friends have spent a lot of time in new orleans. They just don't have any knowledge of cigar and pipe options.
Rigmedic, thanks for that info. Unfortunately I will be there the weekend before.

B

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
New Orleans Cigar Factory in the French Quarter
415 Decatur St.

New Orleans, LA 70130
Sun-Thur 10AM-10PM

Fri-Sat 10AM-11PM
206 Bourbon St.
Sun-Thurs 11AM-Midnight
Fri- Sat 11AM-2AM
925 Decatur St
Sun-Thurs 10AM-6:30PM
Fri-Sat 10PM-10PM
Toll Free: 1-800-550-0775

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
Mayan Import - cigar, pipes and tobacco
Mayan Import Company, New Orleans LA

3009 Magazine Street

New Orleans, Louisiana 70115

United States of America

Directions To - Directions From

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
La Habana Cigar Bar
533 Toulouse St

New Orleans, LA 70130

French Quarter

Phone number (504) 522-5007

Business websitecigarbarneworleans.com

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
The Tobacco Exchange
320 Exchange Pl

New Orleans, LA 70130

French Quarter
Phone number (504) 302-1120

Business websitebigeasytobacconist.com

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
The Tinder Box in Metairie, at Lakeside Mall has the best selection of pipes, tinned and bulk tobacco of any shop around New Orleans...Mayan Import is 2nd on the list, and the Tobacco Exchange usually has a nice supply of Estate Pipes...
The Tinder Box carries Ardor, Brebbia, Peterson, Sav., and they are the only local retailer of Davorin Morta, and Davorin Adriatic Briar...these Adriatic briar pipes have the most amazing grain I've ever seen...enjoy your weekend...let me know if I can be of any further assistance

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Thanks Nola! Had no idea Tinder box was there. I'll likely check out all of those. How is La Habana for a place to have a drink and smoke?

B

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
La Habana is a very good place for a relaxing smoke and drink..they have a full bar and great selection of scotch...I highly recommend Tinder Box...go see Larry or Joe..they are great...and have a great selection of pipes and tobacco...the Tinder Box is 10 minutes from the airport and 20 minutes from downtown New Orleans

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Earlier this month we visited New Orleans and I made it a point to visit The Tobacco Exchange and Mayan Imports, and I picked up a Peterson Pipe of the Year at each (a 2008 and a 2011) for a really good price, and they were both brand new. I wanted to go to the Tinder Box but there wasn't enough time. What's really nice about The Tobacco Exchange is that it is right in the French Quarter, and as a tourist you will probably be going there anyway. Metairie is on the other side of Lake Pontchartrain if I remember correctly; a 30 mile drive over the longest bridge in the world.
If you make the trip over the bridge, you might also want to check out Jewel's Cigar and Briar Shop in Covington (201 N New Hampshire St, Covington, LA 70433), as they have a large inventory of estate pipes, tobacco, and lots of cigars. Very friendly and talkative regulars there that don't mind us Yankees stopping in for a visit.

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
No, Metairie is NOT across the lake...it is 20 minutes from downtown and 10 minutes from the airport...Yes Jewels is a great place in Covington but it will take you 45 minutes from downtown....I live in Metairie...Conlejm I appreciate your advice, but please be careful when talking about locations of cities or towns that your not absolutely sure about...and yes the Tobacco Exchange is a good place also...La Habana is also in the French Quarter

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Nola: If you buy drinks, is La Habana pipe-friendly? I may have some time to kill during the wedding week. During the day, nights seem pretty full! We rented a house in Metarie.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Sorry NOLA Cajun, I stand corrected about the location of Tinder Box; clearly I did not remember correctly. By the way, my brother-in-law grew up in Metarie and now lives in Mandeville.

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
No worries Conlejm... :) next time ur in town, I'm buying the first round!!!!
SSJones, yes LaHabana is pipe friendly...and the first round is one me...just let me know what day your available

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Nola, do any of you get together in Nola regularly? I know there was the mention of the pipe club meeting the 12th. We'll be up the 5th-8th.

B

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
Yes we are always getting together and there are a couple regulars that meet at the Tinder Box 3 times a week....we can smoke in the Tinder Box....

Status
Not open for further replies.