Status
Not open for further replies.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Fleur-de-Lis-Tobacco-Img.jpg

http://www.nolapipeshow.com/2015/09/new-orleans-pipe-show-show-tobacco-by-the-country-squire-tobacconist/

We’re proud to announce that the Country Squire has completed this years official tobacco for the show. The first 150 attendees will find a sample in their goodie bags as they arrive.
An exceptionally smooth smoking mixture with the perfect balance of spice and mellowed-sweetness. Selections of grassy, Flue-Cured Virginias are delicately paired with Dark-Fired Burley and a generous portion of Louisiana Perique. Our tribute to the spirit, complexity, and warmth of New Orleans and the Deep South.
The Country Squire is proud to offer this tobacco as the Official Blend of the 1st Annual New Orleans Pipe Show

I didn't mean the percentage of tax, but the reason tobacco is not sold at the Chicago show is that the vendor has to go through the redtape to sell tobacco, which is usually deep.
But, regardless, if there will be tobacco for sale, that will be awesome!! I am more into buying tobacco than pipes at the moment. Thanks!

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Ah, well there will be tobacco sold here, there are some retailers onsite that will handle the transaction and louisiana sales tax issues. Also rumor has it that a certain vendor has been hoarding esoterica products just for the show.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I have bought lots of tobacco at the Chicago show and without difficulty. Some manufacturers (i.e. McClelland) won't sell to you direct but have arrangements with retailers at the show to transact the sale for you. McClelland usually sells through Iwan Ries.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I think the show vendor fee in New Orleans is only $25 so most vendors will pay that and be able to sell to visitors. The excise tax on tobacco products is among the lowest in the country and this pass summer the state rejected raising the tax on premium cigars. http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/louisiana-rejects-premium-cigar-tax-hike-18211
The show should be a good place to stock up on pipes and pipe tobacco.

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
There should be tons of tobacco at the show...lots and lots to sample and purchase...any and all trading, swapping and selling is allowable as long as you can find a willing partner...in regards to pipes and tobaccos...any other swapping and selling should be done in the privacy of your hotel room...

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
Fleur de Lis should be a good one!
The blend looks similar to one of my favorites, Missouri Meerschaum's Country Gentleman.
It too is flue curried red and bright Virginias, Perique and some dark fired Kentucky.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
That sample looks tasty. I bet those 150 sample recipients are going to love it.
http://www.thecountrysquireonline.com/pipe-tobacco/fleur-de-lis-virginias-dark-fired-perique/

Status
Not open for further replies.